Melissa Corp - melissaedwards09@hotmail.com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

Melissa Corp - melissaedwards09@hotmail.com

Post by Casscat »

"Dear Sir/Madam, We are interested in making a booking. Is it available for these dates? If not available, what other dates do you have? I can be reached at: melissaedwards09@ hotmail.com as i can check this address more often, from my phone. All the best."

For unavailable dates and the email address used to register with OD bears no resemblance to the one above. Nor indeed does the name Edwards bear any resemblance to the name Corp. And how lazy to enquire about 'it' rather than 'the finca', 'the villa' or 'the apartment'!
Ele

Post by Ele »

Indeed, very tiresome.....I got this from OD too and reported to spoof@homeaway.com
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I've just been marking as spam. I guess I should report every single one so they start to realise that their spam filtering system is utter pants. The scamming emails I have had lately (and they are coming thick and fast, ironically more frequently than before OD introduced their new, *secure* system :roll: ) all use bogus registration addresses and then try to direct the owner towards an entirely separate (real, but scammy) email address. If OD etc. simply did not forward enquiries immediately but replied back to the sender to ask them to verify their enquiry before forwarding it this would take care of much of the problem. I've had scammers with email addresses for OD registration purposes of abc@12345.com. OD/HA etc. don't really care because what they want is for all traffic to be driven to their online booking and payment systems. The more they can discourage direct owner to guest communication the happier they'll be.