Six month rental while house hunting in Deux-Sèvres

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
carvjo

Six month rental while house hunting in Deux-Sèvres

Post by carvjo »

We are a retired couple (65 and 56 yrs old) - we have accepted an offer on our house in the UK and intend moving to France.

We owned a holiday home in SW France which we sold 10 years ago, so France is fairly familiar..

We intend starting our search for a modest (Under €80K) retirement home in one of the villages in Deux-Sèvres. (Due to climate, nice villages and house prices.. though we may consider other areas)

Where would we look for an interim house to rent for 6 months or so - while we are house hunting?

Should we put our belongings in storage in the UK - or will it be possible to find an unfurnished interim house?

It has been suggested that we look on a website called Leboncoin - is that any good?

Any advice gratefully received..

Thanks..
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

Hi, Would you be interested in a house with another separate holiday rental cottage? Haute Vienne, half an hour north of Limoges.
carvjo

Thank you

Post by carvjo »

limousin-cottage wrote:Hi, Would you be interested in a house with another separate holiday rental cottage? Haute Vienne, half an hour north of Limoges.
Thank you for your reply -

Though I posted the original message in June - my wife and I are now looking again at France..

I have sent you a PM

John
limousin-cottage

Post by limousin-cottage »

Thank you John, just replied to your PM