Marketing: Just got 5 new FB page likes for €0.40

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
tavi

Marketing: Just got 5 new FB page likes for €0.40

Post by tavi »

I've just done an FB paid page promotion - started this morning. This means my page shows up in their news feed as a "suggested page"...with whatever photo I choose....rather than just a promoted post.

Have 5 new page likes in the last couple of hours.

I targetted Portugal north of here as I want to try to shift a few remaining summer weeks and a lot of my high season guests come from up there.

Let's see if I get any bookings!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Excellent! I just did a promoted post and didn't get any likes at all but 9 new post engagements ( can't work that out) and a 'reach' of 24,000 (oh, yeah....). I did get two bookings through my website that time but neither mentioned Facebook and haven't answered that question. I spent £1.50 a day for 9 days. I might try your way next time.
tavi

Post by tavi »

In the past I've only done promoted POSTs and had likes on the post but not on my page

This time it's my page I'm promoting so when they click "like" they'll hopefully see my future posts too.....got to be better value for money?

I think people often can't remember how they got to your website and trying to understand my webpage analytics makes me want to lie down in a darkened room.

I'm such an amateur!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Interesting tavi...I was thinking of promoting the page and website. Just need to get a few more posts up on it.

When you say north Portugal. ..is that people living there?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
tavi

Post by tavi »

Mouse, yes. My area (down South for those of us who are geographically challenged) is very popular in August for the city folk from Oporto and Lisbon, so I targeted them only. ( usually get them thru my Medihols advert)

So many of my page likes are just local residents and businesses I wanted to reach people who might actually be potential holiday makers.

Now up to 11 new page likes from Lisbon and further north :)
But no bookings from them yet. :( lol
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Having been on holiday recently and checking into various places, all my facebook adverts after that point were local businesses from the areas I'd checked in that had no relevance to me, either during my stay or after. It made me realise how adverts can really hit the wrong target at least some of the time!
tavi

Post by tavi »

absolutely Nemo....as someone once said "I know half of my advertising budget is wasted - trouble is: I don't know which half"!

Now have 98 new page likes since my promoted page started. Two enquiries.
booboo

Post by booboo »

:shock: Thanks for that Tavi, i will give that a try!
tavi

Post by tavi »

My 7 days is coming to an end tomorrow (I think).

I've had 178 new page likes from it - so in theory that's 178 new people who live in Lisbon and Porto and who spend their summer holidays in Algarve.

I've had two or 3 enquiries (thru my website - I think they went there from my FB page) and one booking :) (if she pays her deposit today or tomorrow).

These are Page Likes as I said, so in theory they will continue to see my posts. Certainly my recent post likes have also gone up.
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well done, tavi - that's a great result.

Dimbo question. I don't ever see 'suggested pages' in my newsfeed. Is that because I use adblocking software? If so, I presume anyone who does the same will be excluded from seeing a boosted page? But possibly not a boosted post?

As you can see, I haven't much of a clue! I've got a boosted post going at the moment, targeted to people interested in birds - the post created a lot of response anyway when I put it up yesterday so I rashly decided to spend 4 euros on it! Got another 3 days/3 euros spend to go but I've got a couple of new page likes and lots of post likes already.
tavi

Post by tavi »

fc I'm really not sure of the answer. Myself, I see suggested pages and sponsored pages down the rhs of my newsfeed. No idea what the difference is. I also see some pages come up in my newsfeed....where I can like the page without having to go to the page...same as liking a photo/post?... which I'm guessing is what these people have done.

Like you, last time I promoted a post I got a couple of page likes, and lots of post likes. But the problem is that these people don't then see your page again (if they've only liked the post).

Am now up to 202 new page likes since last Saturday.

My google analytics tells me that in the last 7 days my website's had 46 new users

2 were referrals from Ownersdirect.
5 were referrals from Facebook.

It's kind of interesting but... it's doing my head in!
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

So I've just tested it out by turning my ad blocker off and back on.

With it on: no suggested pages or sponsored pages on the right hand side - in fact, nothing at all on the right hand side. But I do get the odd 'like page' box where someone else has liked or cited a page that I haven't already liked. If you see what I mean.

With it off: I then get suggested pages and sponsored pages on the RH side.

I've always assumed that everyone uses ad blockers, which would make boosting a page useless, but maybe I'm wrong .....
tavi

Post by tavi »

FC - I do, or did, use adblockers but I think I revert to the default each time I clear my cookies/cache...or maybe that's on my other computer. (I need to step away from the keyboard as head is spinning with all this marketing rethink - HA's fault)

The other potential problem with FB is your fans need to "turn on notifications" when they like your page, if they want to be sure of seeing your posts. Otherwise FB will use its own algorithms to decide what to show them - we can see ourselves if we like a post from a page we tend to see more from that page....but we have to have liked that page first...not just a post we've been shown

I think.

Darkened room beckons.

:)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

I'll see you there :roll:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I use ad blocking software, and it works except on my iPad where i continue to get loads of blurb.