email address

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
ClareW

email address

Post by ClareW »

Hi, am just about to set up a domain email forwarding address ready for my upcomong website/ holiday home and was going to use info@domainname or possibly contact@domainname but having just read up a bit, am wondering whether clare@domainname would be better... any opinions would be gratefully received! (Also, are email address case sensitive- would it make any difference to have a capital C for Clare if chosen?) Thanks in advance.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Personally I would definitely definitely go for clare at domain.

Email addresses are case INsensitive, so you can certainly have Clare at DomainName or any variant like that which helps readability.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
petemcveigh

Post by petemcveigh »

A second vote for the home personal approach of using your name.

I wouldn't worry too much about the capital letter in your name, it is seen as common practice for e-mail addresses (even within corporations) to just use non-capitals all the way through.

Don't forget to set up your outgoing mail to display the @domainname e-mail address rather than what address you are actually sending from. I know this is quite easy on Outlook (I have a separate mail account just for sending out mails with my rental mail address) but not sure on other e-mail clients, but is worthwhile sorting out as it is more professional and reduces confusion.
" Do I really look like a guy with a plan?"
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I use my first name too.

I'm also set up so that any input before the @domainname.co.uk will come through too. As long as they get the domain name right I'll get everything, so info@, owner@ xx@ etc will get to me. It does mean a bit of spam at times but I'd have missed a booking or two otherwise.
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

Thank you very much for those positive replies- Clare@domain it will be!
Don't forget to set up your outgoing mail to display the @domainname e-mail address rather than what address you are actually sending from. I know this is quite easy on Outlook (I have a separate mail account just for sending out mails with my rental mail address) but not sure on other e-mail clients, but is worthwhile sorting out as it is more professional and reduces confusion
I am going to forward to a gmail address which I have set up as domain@gmail.com (holywellcottagemalvern@gmail.com) so that it will be returned from an address that should hopefully be obvious where it is from. So emails will be sent to clare@holywellcottagemalvern.co.uk and be returned from holywellcottagemalvern@gmail.com. Hopefully this will be ok- I will look to see if there is a way of setting up my gmail to display my domain email address as suggested, but if I can't do it at least my gmail address has the name of cottage in it. By the way, I have my domain name but no website as yet- still trying to get everything ready first....
annedab

Post by annedab »

Hi Claire - we have all our name@domain enquiries forwarded to a dedicated gmail account which we only use for business correspondence. It was very simple to set it up so that when we reply to an enquiry to the name@domain address, the reply shows as coming from name@domain rather than the domain@gmail address. If I remember correctly you just go into settings and choose the "accounts and import" option. You will see that it gives you the option to send replies from your info@domain address if that is where the enquiry originated in the first place.

It must be quite simple to do as I managed it :lol:
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?