What Annoys You The Most!?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Casscat wrote:
Bunny wrote:
AngloDutch wrote: Guests who unplug the power socket extention bars in the bedrooms and disconnect all the clock radios, because they need to charge their iphone, laptop, tablet, etc directly from the mains socket.
+1
We have 8 plug sockets in each bedroom, yet they still unplug the clock/radios. I stuck stickers on the plugs saying 'please do not turn off'. They still got unplugged, despite me checking that the alarm wasn't set. I've given up, so if they want to use the clock they have to set the time for themselves now.
You provide clock radios? Most people use their mobile phones as alarm clocks these days don't they? Dispense with the clock radios and let them fiddle around with plugging their devices into sockets as much as they want! :D
+1
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Sunbeam wrote:
Casscat wrote:
Bunny wrote: +1
We have 8 plug sockets in each bedroom, yet they still unplug the clock/radios. I stuck stickers on the plugs saying 'please do not turn off'. They still got unplugged, despite me checking that the alarm wasn't set. I've given up, so if they want to use the clock they have to set the time for themselves now.
You provide clock radios? Most people use their mobile phones as alarm clocks these days don't they? Dispense with the clock radios and let them fiddle around with plugging their devices into sockets as much as they want! :D
+1
I don't think that's going to work with the 95 year old I've got in at the moment! :lol:
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

My mum takes her travel alarm with her when she travels. She doesn't expect a clock radio. I've stayed in a number of private holiday rental properties and I cannot recall any having a bedroom timepiece :D
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Casscat wrote:My mum takes her travel alarm with her when she travels. She doesn't expect a clock radio. I've stayed in a number of private holiday rental properties and I cannot recall any having a bedroom timepiece :D
That'll be it then. All my travel alarm clocks got stolen to use in other properties that don't provide them. :wink: :lol:
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Oh dear, I seem to be revisiting this thread a bit too often....

Guests who do not give their visitors clear instructions about where they are staying. Not for the first time, this afternoon I find a complete stranger in my back garden. When approached she says she is looking for her friends staying here. When I direct her to the correct cottage,- not so much as a 'sorry for troubling you' or a 'thank you'. She then proceeds to park in the wrong area and then leaves my main gate wide open despite a notice on it saying 'please shut the gate' because we have livestock on site. What ever happened to common courtesy? :evil:
Essar

Post by Essar »

Bunny wrote:Oh dear, I seem to be revisiting this thread a bit too often....

Guests who do not give their visitors clear instructions about where they are staying. Not for the first time, this afternoon I find a complete stranger in my back garden. When approached she says she is looking for her friends staying here. When I direct her to the correct cottage,- not so much as a 'sorry for troubling you' or a 'thank you'. She then proceeds to park in the wrong area and then leaves my main gate wide open despite a notice on it saying 'please shut the gate' because we have livestock on site. What ever happened to common courtesy? :evil:
Whenever you confront someone like her I suggest you always carry a shotgun (in the broken position); be polite as you usually are, mention the gate if it's left open, pointing towards it with the gun off-handedly- you will find that they behave impeccably afterwards, including her friends staying. :twisted:
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
Isy

Post by Isy »

Essar wrote:
Whenever you confront someone like her I suggest you always carry a shotgun (in the broken position); be polite as you usually are, mention the gate if it's left open, pointing towards it with the gun off-handedly- you will find that they behave impeccably afterwards, including her friends staying. :twisted:
:D :D
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger !
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Essar, were you the secret editor of Fawlty Towers? :lol:
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Bunny wrote:
AngloDutch wrote: Guests who unplug the power socket extention bars in the bedrooms and disconnect all the clock radios, because they need to charge their iphone, laptop, tablet, etc directly from the mains socket.
I admit to being one of those people who unplug clock radios in the bedroom, because I hate having a flashing light beside my bed. Maybe other peope feel the way I do? :?
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I cannot bear any light in the bedroom Jemima, especially that retina-searing digital clock radio thing. With my mobile I can reach out, press a button and see what time it is but otherwise it dozes on the bedside table with no luminous indication of its presence :D
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I don't quite get this, why do they have to use the mains socket rather than the extension lead? It seems a totally unnecessary palaver to me.

Confused Mols :?:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Casscat wrote:I cannot bear any light in the bedroom Jemima, especially that retina-searing digital clock radio thing. With my mobile I can reach out, press a button and see what time it is but otherwise it dozes on the bedside table with no luminous indication of its presence :D
👍 That's exactly how I feel. I also switch off the television which usually has a red light glaring down at me and if there is any other light creeping through the curtains I put a pair of black pants on my head and pull down over my eyes!Then I can💤💤💤 peacefully till the sun comes up.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Jemima Copping wrote:... if there is any other light creeping through the curtains I put a pair of black pants on my head and pull down over my eyes!Then I can💤💤💤 peacefully till the sun comes up.
Hahaha! Love the black pants idea! :lol: However might I recommend: black silk sleep mask Not as quirky as pants, but just as effective :P
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Moliere wrote:
I don't quite get this, why do they have to use the mains socket rather than the extension lead? It seems a totally unnecessary palaver to me.

Confused Mols :?:
Neither do we, Mols. Maybe some people can't be bothered to bend down and plug the cable into the bar on the floor (our sockets here in the NL are often positioned up on the wall and not at ground level)? Or, they don't notice the bar on the floor and just look at the socket and see that there's already a plug in it and just remove it. Trying to work out how some of our guests think or why they behave like they do is always a fun pastime :lol:
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Casscat wrote:
Jemima Copping wrote:... if there is any other light creeping through the curtains I put a pair of black pants on my head and pull down over my eyes!Then I can💤💤💤 peacefully till the sun comes up.
Hahaha! Love the black pants idea! :lol: However might I recommend: black silk sleep mask Not as quirky as pants, but just as effective :P
Just had a look on amazon, I'll definitely get one, maybe I'll get
some black satin sheets to match! 😜