German listing gite beginning with Fre ...?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
GRL

German listing gite beginning with Fre ...?

Post by GRL »

My mind has wiped the name from my head of a German booking site that begins with Fre (I think) - can anyone help?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Are you thinking of ferienhausemiete.de, Rosie?
GRL

Post by GRL »

I think that my be it, FC. Do you advertise with them?
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

No, but it's on my 'maybe one day' list!
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

I have been with them for a year for my Port Leucate beach apartment. 8 enquiries from which two converted to bookings.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

ferienhausemiete.de is a parked domain name that gets you redirected to some kind of scammy advertising site.

ferienhausmiete.de is the right one.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
GRL

Post by GRL »

Thanks Ben - I did find the right one as Google kindly corrected the spelling for me.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I've been on that site for many years. I think it's free with a back link so hard to say if any good or not. Nothing much to lose though.
Essar

Post by Essar »

Not free anymore Kev they have had a small subscription for about 18-months.

It has lousy owner dashboard; you wouldn't want to update the calendar manually, use iCAL instead which they support.

The website itself looks okay and does generate enquiries - I have had 9 in the past 12-months and 4 bookings, all German guests. They tend to be Netherlands, Poland, Germany & Austria centered.

A straightforward old fashioned subscription site - no on-line bookings and payments.

Euro 84 per annum subscription (+VAT/IVA).
You also get a listing on:
tourist-paradise.com
resido.fr
resido.es
resido.it
domy-letniskowe.com
"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note"
"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise"
"As for my amnesia, I've had it as long as I can remember"
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Essar wrote:Not free anymore Kev they have had a small subscription for about 18-months.
Mine says:

Will that expire soon?
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

I still have a kostenlos listing too which I've had for ages.

Some time ago I got emails from them saying they were going subscription, and that the subscription listings would appear before free ones, and I seem to remember could have extra photos and possibly other enhancements.

I've just had a look at the site - I can only see the €84 subscription option now.

I now occasionally get emails from them offering me a limited time offer to upgrade to subscription for €48. I haven't done this and I'm still on the site.

The stats show my ad does get views. I get maybe a couple of enquiries a year, and I did once get a booking.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I didn't have any success with them, advertising a city apartment. I never got an enquiry I could work with - either stays for less than a week (which I don't do for that property) or scammy phishing ones so I deleted it. I think I got that invitation to pay and thought that it was going to be deleted so i opted out then. Perhaps it would otherwise have been displaying still.....but then I would have to answer the useless enquiries. One less calendar to update for no reason!
LaderaCottage

Post by LaderaCottage »

The sites are www.ferienhausmiete.de (German),
www.tourist-paradise.com (English), www.resido.fr (French), www.resido.es (Spanish),
www.resido.it (Italian) and www.domy-letniskowe.com (Polish)

I took out an advert 3 or 4 months ago, and got one enquiry in March from a German family, and they are staying at my cottage right now, albeit on the first night they had a meeting with a Cyprus Tarantula that had somehow entered the cottage, but hey ho the guests and I had a good laugh about that! They are pretty harmless, but with HOT weather come the creepy crawlies unfortunately for some. That said, they have promised an excellent review, and I think this is one of the keys to building up bookings and guest confidence on these lessor know sites, because I am certainly getting hits almost daily from tourist-paradise that I use to make updates in English. With a review I am sure other bookings will follow. Certainly been the case too with AirBnB as now have several reviews, and the build up of enquiries is encouraging. Another booking this morning through them.

The advertised price for a 1 year sub was 84 Euros with www.ferienhausmiete.de, but I got a discount. Message me and will pass on a discount for introduction.

The likes of HA/OD hopefully can be dispensed with in due course, well that is the goal anyway. I really do not need anymore stress from them. The latest being an enquiry last night, that when I tried to respond with a chatty polite message, did not work as before, and instead the system sent out an email stating "To confirm your reservation with the owner, click the button, review and agree to the rental agreement, and make a secure payment through HomeAway with a BOOK NOW BUTTON!" Not once but 3 times as I was sent copies of same. SICKENING. OK so I have emailed directly to apologize from my own email address now, but I expect the damage has been done, and a very nice enquiry too... You know the lovely chatty sort from someone who would really like to stay at your place? Not the way to treat customers at all.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Just to reopen this old thread, if anyone is still using these sites and receiving a decent level of enquiries/bookings, please could you let me know.

I have created a listing but have not completed payment as yet (if anyone has a working discount code, it would be most appreciated).

Thanks.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

I list with Ferienhausmiete. So far I have received three bookings in one year from them.