What Not to do on Changeover Day ...

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
PW in Polemi

What Not to do on Changeover Day ...

Post by PW in Polemi »

So there you are with a few minutes to wait before setting off to do a changeover; you've loaded the car with things you'll need, OH is busy loading gardening and "just in case" repair tools, and the cat is living up to his nickname of "Ginge the Whinge".

Whatever else you do while waiting, do not, repeat DO NOT, succumb to the temptation to indulge said Ginge the Whinge in his demand for more attention by taking him outside for a jolly good brushing.

If you do, two things will happen.

First, as soon as you start to get serious amounts of loose fur out of his coat, a playful breeze will spring up and smother you and your clothes in ginger cat fur! :shock:

And secondly, that darned cat will get thoroughly over-excited and will swipe at the brush, leaving three parallel scratches bleeding profusely across the back of your hand.

And just to add insult to injury ...
You end up with a soggy smelly hand because those wounds opened and bled every time you flexed your hand, so you had to resort to wearing a rubber glove during changeover ... :evil:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Did you know that with the application of a little starch, cats make excellent toilet brushes? :wink:
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

greenbarn wrote:Did you know that with the application of a little starch, cats make excellent toilet brushes? :wink:
Ha ha... though I disagree... if you starch them too soon it makes them too stiff to mop the floor with first.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

gitemontjoly wrote:
greenbarn wrote:Did you know that with the application of a little starch, cats make excellent toilet brushes? :wink:
Ha ha... though I disagree... if you starch them too soon it makes them too stiff to mop the floor with first.
and I suppose if you leave the claws sticking out, it makes a good backscratcher - before you use it as a loo brush :roll:

You two are awful - and awfully funny :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol:
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
annedab

Post by annedab »

No, no. You only use the front part for floor cleaning and loo brushing. Cut off the back end an inch from the tail, fix to the wall at hand height and then you have somewhere handy to poke the tea towel :lol:

I do actually have a plastic version of this, but I have no idea how to post a picture.
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Serves you right for faffing about with changeovers when you obviously should be paying attention to Tiddles.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Moliere wrote:Serves you right for faffing about with changeovers when you obviously should be paying attention to Tiddles.

Mols
OMG Mols! :shock: You can't refer to his Little Lordship as "Tiddles"! That's the equivalent of referring to your Most Excellent Equineship as "an old nag" :shock: :shock: :lol: Ginge would be most upset if he could read your comment. He is, after all, a superior cat with vastly superior intellect. :roll: :lol: :lol:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Say what you like, I bet de cats in de alley call him Tiddles when they want to wind him up. (Like Moliere's nickname at the stables is Old Mouldy, but no-one calls him that to his face!)

Mols :wink:
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Sorry totally disagree with you.

If we dont brush our "little fella" (aka 5 kilos of fur) every day then when he sneaks into our grenier and goes to sleep on the top of huge pile of towels (all a very different colour to him as you would expect) the fur left behind (by way of a thank you) moulds itself into the said towels and even a hot wash wont remove the evidence

Moral of the story. You can never win with a cat so just give in gracefully!

VT et "le petit minou".
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

5 kilos?! Every time he sits on me, I wish Ginge was only 5 kilos - last time I weighed us, he was 7 kilos but he's getting down to his summer weight so probably only 6.5 now! :shock: :lol: