35% of Britons have not booked their summer holidays yet

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Frenchlady wrote:You may be interested in signing the Ryanair petition. Before all of us trying to run businesses in tourism are forced to close!!!

http://www.keepeuropesskiesopen.com/
Im not normally one for petitions in fact i think that is the first one ive ever signed
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have also forwarded it to my colleagues who are stranded in Spain with meetings to attend in London!
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

Just signed, like Bassman I avoid petitions but this is a must!
I'm getting slightly madder, each and every day!
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Signed .....
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
JaneS

Post by JaneS »

Frenchlady and Bassman. +1 for your comments.
JaneS
waterwitch

Post by waterwitch »

+1 and I have not booked our family summer holiday yet either. We always go to France but will give it a miss this year - last year it was the Port strikes that buggered us up and delayed our holiday by 2 days so I'm still sore from that.
Annew

Post by Annew »

I'm one of those 35%. I'm desperately trying to book a late summer break in france, but I've only had one reply out of the 10 enquiries I've sent (via HomeAway and Holiday Lettings) and that was to say that my dates are unavailable!

Meanwhile, here in the West Country I get the feeling it's a good year talking to pals in the business. I've still got some summer availability, but overall business and turnover for me is well up on last year.

Funny though, this is the first year ever I've had no dutch, germans or belgians.
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I haven't booked a holiday yet as I don't know where to go! I am actually on holiday for two weeks from Monday, but as my mum is coming over from the UK we shall be spending the hols at the finca. I usually take a holiday in September too, but as yet I have no clue as to where I might go. Italy perhaps. I'd like a direct flight from Malaga because I hate faffing around with transfers.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

JaneS wrote:Frenchlady and Bassman. +1 for your comments.
Plus another 1

Not the most welcoming arrival for anyone coming to France this week. Strikes, protests, road blocks, fuel shortages and as for the weather.......hmmm I could go on but I think we've all got the picture.

We arrived yesterday, all o.k. for us and no problems at all apart from the grey weather and cool temperatures. We fortunately are chez nous and have plenty to do and friends to see.
I pity one English family I know who are on half term holiday, joint family event, 12 of them holed up in a village gite in the Dordogne.
Another friend and her husband have spent some wet days visiting the Loire. Looking forward to returning home tomorrow however they've had to book for the tunnel as their ferry has been cancelled due to port staff on strike.
Fleur
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

It's a funny old world, 35% haven't booked their summer holidays and yet I am taking bookings for 2018, most of my 2017 is already booked - I think people who plan for Florida, especially Orlando plan really far ahead :D

Sandra
Crossways

Post by Crossways »

I still have a couple of summer weeks available. The sold weeks are mostly repeat bookers. It's very unusually for me to still have availability but my OD enquiries just seem to be spam.
Fifi

Post by Fifi »

I haven't booked yet either - Bloke had a week in July foisted on him, and trying to find something in Southern England, for 5 (min 3 beds - teens will not share), which will accept 2 Labs and isn't going to cost as much as the national debt of Venezuela is tricky!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....
Annew

Post by Annew »

Thanks all the people who have offered me their properties they all look lovely and have been filed away for future use, I have posted what I'm looking for in The Cafe :-)

Crossways - have you managed to let w/c 22nd July yet? I've got that available for the first time for years and I know other people having problems with that week in Devon too. Is there something going on in Devon we don't know about???
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
Crossways

Post by Crossways »

Annew, the 22.7.16 is still available!