ABTA & PAYPAL

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Big Sis..

ABTA & PAYPAL

Post by Big Sis.. »

Yesterday there was an article in the paper that ABTA are going to stop compensating people whose holiday co has gone bust as its costing them too much money? :(

Seems a bit strange as I thought that was why people booked with an ABTA bonded company.Surely they vet the companies that join them to make sure theyre viable & not fly-by- nights or they wouldnt accept them.
Hope they make this clear to all the unsuspecting holidaymakers before they book ,as this is one of the reasons that holidaymakers book with a travel agent usually paying over the odds.
On the bright side it might have a knock on effect for us who rent privately. :)

On a slightly different track,there was also an article that some cc companies are not refunding people that didnt get the service they should have done. If they didnt book directly with a company but used Pay-Pal to make the cc payment as the contract wouldnt be direct . :?

Seems like in both cases people trying to wriggle out of paying Joe Public :(
Ju

Post by Ju »

I actually think the Credit card companies have a point. If you pay through pay pal then your contract is with pay pal. It is up to pay pal to refund the next step down. Credit card companies offer insurance as a service, they do not have to do it.

On our part it is good news as we don't use paypal and hence our own credit card machine.

Ju
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Your probably right Ju but Im sure people think they would be covered.
It isnt as if the cc companies dont make money :x

I only take cheques[mostly good ones] so it doesnt affect me,
But I know a lot of forum usuers use PayPal sop maybe they can find out more. 8)

Yesterday someone did ask If I would accept postal orders as she doesnt have a chq book.
I said that the deposit would be fine but not sure about the balance?????
Did tell her that a bank could do a chq for her but she said wouldnt they charge[yes but so will the post office] :?

Some people arent safe out on there own I think I will have to talk her all the way through booking flts etc. Bless. :wink: :D
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »