Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Website review - any feedback is good feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Website reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OrangeBlossom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Villa Antonia-pricing? Reply with quote

Hi Larry,
lots of suggestions already but no-one has commented on the fact that your prices don't seem to appear anywhere on the site.
Go to the Availability and Pricing tab and you get stuff about credit cards and two calendars.
Is it just me? Perhaps the stuff is hiding in plain sight but if I can't find it there will be others.
Hells Bells

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pricing seems clear to me, on the Pricing page. http://www.villaantonio.co.uk/#!pricing-for-villa-antonio/cdvr
OrangeBlossom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Pricing tab Reply with quote

HelenB wrote:
Pricing seems clear to me, on the Pricing page. http://www.villaantonio.co.uk/#!pricing-for-villa-antonio/cdvr

Helen is right, I see it now but I also see what my problem was.

If I'm on Tab X and see another Tab with the name of something I want to look at I move my mouse to the new Tab and when I see further options that I can scroll down to, I assume that they are the only options. It never occurred to me to just click on pricing without scrolling down, if you see what I mean.

It may be worth considering whether there are other inexperienced web users who would have the same difficulty as me.
newtimber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pricing tab Reply with quote

OrangeBlossom wrote:
HelenB wrote:

Helen is right, I see it now but I also see what my problem was.

If I'm on Tab X and see another Tab with the name of something I want to look at I move my mouse to the new Tab and when I see further options that I can scroll down to, I assume that they are the only options. It never occurred to me to just click on pricing without scrolling down, if you see what I mean.

It may be worth considering whether there are other inexperienced web users who would have the same difficulty as me.

I would have had the same problem too. I wonder whether there is any reason to have the website page addresses beginning with #! ? It causes a problem using Safari as when I hover over any link it says Go to ... on this page (because I imagine Safari interprets the # as an anchor link)
VillaAntonioLanzarote

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:45 am    Post subject: Have made some updates Reply with quote

Hi All
Thanks for all the feedback
Have made some changes

Have ditched the page with lots of clipart
Have ditched video at start
Have deleted some photos in gallery and moved up photos of kitchen, bedrooms etc
Have deleted one of the availability calendars ( stupid having two!)
Have tried to "flatten" most of the pages
Have put "basic" info on Home page
Have added parallax scrolling to home page ( only works on PC/Laptops)
Have now separate buttons for "pricing" and "availability"
Have not worked out where best to use the "Thinglink" idea ( thank you sazzleevans)

Still WIP but thanks for feedback

Have a question about page speed but will submit separate post

Thanks again to all
Casscat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey that looks like a different property! Shocked No chance to absorb all the changes yet - will explore and return.
Website reviews