Website review - any feedback is good feedback

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
OrangeBlossom

Villa Antonia-pricing?

Post by OrangeBlossom »

Hi Larry,
lots of suggestions already but no-one has commented on the fact that your prices don't seem to appear anywhere on the site.
Go to the Availability and Pricing tab and you get stuff about credit cards and two calendars.
Is it just me? Perhaps the stuff is hiding in plain sight but if I can't find it there will be others.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Pricing seems clear to me, on the Pricing page. http://www.villaantonio.co.uk/#!pricing ... tonio/cdvr
OrangeBlossom

Pricing tab

Post by OrangeBlossom »

HelenB wrote:Pricing seems clear to me, on the Pricing page. http://www.villaantonio.co.uk/#!pricing ... tonio/cdvr
Helen is right, I see it now but I also see what my problem was.

If I'm on Tab X and see another Tab with the name of something I want to look at I move my mouse to the new Tab and when I see further options that I can scroll down to, I assume that they are the only options. It never occurred to me to just click on pricing without scrolling down, if you see what I mean.

It may be worth considering whether there are other inexperienced web users who would have the same difficulty as me.
newtimber

Re: Pricing tab

Post by newtimber »

OrangeBlossom wrote:
HelenB wrote:Pricing seems clear to me, on the Pricing page. http://www.villaantonio.co.uk/#!pricing ... tonio/cdvr
Helen is right, I see it now but I also see what my problem was.

If I'm on Tab X and see another Tab with the name of something I want to look at I move my mouse to the new Tab and when I see further options that I can scroll down to, I assume that they are the only options. It never occurred to me to just click on pricing without scrolling down, if you see what I mean.

It may be worth considering whether there are other inexperienced web users who would have the same difficulty as me.
I would have had the same problem too. I wonder whether there is any reason to have the website page addresses beginning with #! ? It causes a problem using Safari as when I hover over any link it says Go to ... on this page (because I imagine Safari interprets the # as an anchor link)
VillaAntonioLanzarote

Have made some updates

Post by VillaAntonioLanzarote »

Hi All
Thanks for all the feedback
Have made some changes

Have ditched the page with lots of clipart
Have ditched video at start
Have deleted some photos in gallery and moved up photos of kitchen, bedrooms etc
Have deleted one of the availability calendars ( stupid having two!)
Have tried to "flatten" most of the pages
Have put "basic" info on Home page
Have added parallax scrolling to home page ( only works on PC/Laptops)
Have now separate buttons for "pricing" and "availability"
Have not worked out where best to use the "Thinglink" idea ( thank you sazzleevans)

Still WIP but thanks for feedback

Have a question about page speed but will submit separate post

Thanks again to all
Villa Antonio Lanzarote
a place to relax & unwind
www.villaantonio.co.uk
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Crikey that looks like a different property! :shock: No chance to absorb all the changes yet - will explore and return.