Please review when you get a mo

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Nikik123

Please review when you get a mo

Post by Nikik123 »

Hi. The property is is France and is used mainly by extended family groups. The pool seems to be the highlight. There are other gites locally but not many that can accommodate this number of guests.
Thanks in advance
http://theancientdwelling.com/
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Just had a very quick look ... changeover day is looming.
Loved the home page, not sure about the layout of the rooms images. Main question is about pricing. Are the prices quoted irrespective of the number of guests ... you seem to have a potential for up to 10 guests and a price in May for example of £420. I'm not familiar with prices in France but if that is for 10 guests it seems very low!
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I like it. It's clear, simple, easy and quick to navigate. A good start.

The only minor problems were rates were tricky to find. You could make pages like that a submenu of Booking. You might want to rename the booking or add some text to make it clear that filling out the form is not necessarily a booking but just a message.

Perhaps add some images to the local area page and brighten up some of the interior photos a bit. Many of them are actually too small to handle the responsive layout. Make your browser narrow and they go blurry as they increase in size.
Robin S

Post by Robin S »

Like the clear calls to action to drive hopeful behavior.

Would like a larger image size gallery to complement the image + text descriptions already there.

Love the video... self shot? I'm so tempted to justify buying a drone on the basis of being able to do something similar :)
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

I think it is a good start!!! I mean that in a very positive way. You can drive yourself nuts designing a website and the best bet is to go live, get feedback and work on it. I like your template. I like your reviews and linking to tripadvisor. I like your video. I like your text on the homepage.

I would say what lets it down are the photos. You have an amazing property and a very good website which would make your place "ping" but the photos need to lighted up and be bigger.

Have you heard of HDR. The photos you have would look far better using it. It is fab for taking photos into light eg if you photographing and room with a window which has light coming into it. Download a HDR app on your smart phone and take a look at the difference. Then I would add bigger and brighter photos.

I would have on really bright tempting photo as your header on the homepage to bring people in and then on the accommodation more bright photos. If you look to the right of your photos on the accommodation page all that space is prime selling space and is take up with just a few words of text. I think you need to flip that and have an image across the page with maybe text below.

I would also add a photo to the reviews page. I would embed a map on your location page and even embed a street view of the area. You can use this street view embeded in you location page if you get a great view. I would also have photos on here to.

Your terms page i would add what they would do next eg they would pay a 20% deposit etc with the bance 8 weeks before. So its clear how simple the process is. Rather than sending an email and being unsure. I would also add a photo of you guys on this page and a contact number.

I would make the calendar bigger on the bookings page and make sing a little more.

If you have any I would add social media icons and if you don't i would start some lol

Sarah x

Try submitting your site to peek for a free test.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

Personally I am not fond of the angled crops on the banner. Is it possible to photograph the bathroom from the toilet? Does anybody need a picture of a toilet? But yes, it's very nice and functional, clear and bright, not fussy or too wordy.