Bookings from "Point of Sale" merchandising

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
abode

Bookings from "Point of Sale" merchandising

Post by abode »

Forgive the buzz words in the title (I have a retail background) but point of sale (POS) material is an age old and well proven technique - think Mary Portas (love her or hate her - I'm a fan).

Three POS ideas spring to mind (subject to planning or other local restrictions - which you can always ignore anyway ):

Banners - I suggested this to a fellow homeowner in a Costa del Sol village - they have had a 3 month winter let and enquiries for 2017 from it - their property is close to the village centre.

Window stickers - If your property is straight onto the street (eg in a village) then tasteful window stickers at street level can work a treat - there was a very successful owner in Whitby used to use this.

Weatherproof leaflet dispensers and a sign at the gate to your property - very popular with B and B operators in the Yorkshire Dales near me (even though it's a National Park).

We've invested enough in the property and frontage - we may as well get a return. A retailer's front window is often the best "free" advertising they can get.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before.
Success is never final; failure is never fatal - Conrad Hilton - Be My Guest