Wave/Stripe credit card payments

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

I am in the UK, but our house is in Spain. I signed up to Wave in summer and was pleased with how well it worked with a couple of payments from UK guests.
But since the pound collapsed I have been thinking of aiming more at EU guests and giving them prices in euros. I wanted to send an invoice to Dutch guests last week in euros and I had got the impression from the Wave website that this was possible. But it did not work and the Wave support people now tell me that
"I'm sorry to report that, unfortunately, the invoicing feature in Wave is not capable of accepting payments in different currencies at this time."
Do others use a payment system that can send euro invoices? I think it would be really useful now!
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I think I read somewhere on the forum that you can use a different currency with WaveApps if you register a new account with a different email address.
Tivoli

Post by Tivoli »

I am certain that you can set up a different account for a different currency. Whether or not that requires a separate bank account I know not, Sadly Wave does not reach Greece :-(
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Nor Cyprus!
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I have a Wave business account. Are you sure you have this, or just a personal account?

I am in England and my account is linked to my bank in Ireland so I can receive in Euros. It is my understanding that I can link my account to my sterling bank account in the UK in order to take sterling payments, with a different email address. So I don't understand why they are saying you can't have Euros. You presumably have a Spanish bank account into which they can pay the Euros?

I haven't actually yet used this as the rate (for Americans) is rather off putting and I was adding on some of that so mostly they just use transferwise ( which they seem to love and so do I as there is no receiving fee at the bank).
Gazpacho

Post by Gazpacho »

Thanks, it's a business account.
But that's a good point about the Spanish account, I'll ask them if that would work!
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

I currently use PayPal so am keen to switch to wave for lower fees.

I run two businesses, the holiday let and something else and would like to use wave for both.

Do you know if there is a restriction that the same bank account can not be used for two different businesses? There is such a restriction with PayPal so I want to plan ahead!
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I can't see why it would be a problem Mike, but they're very good on support. You don't get an instant answer but they do come back to you via email and ensure you're happy that they've answered everything you need to know. You don't need to have an account to raise a question if you can't find the answer on the site.

https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us

Does this help? https://support.waveapps.com/hc/en-us/a ... ve-account
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

The Wave app has just been updated to a new improved easy to use version. ... I'm going continue to try and create a new invoice tomorrow :roll:
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

I get payments send to my euro account or sterling account with. I can invoice in both currencies

https://www.procuro.io
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've taken several payments so far and all's gone well. Guests are happy to use it, it's easy to use and the fees low at 1.4% for European cards.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Nemo wrote:I've taken several payments so far and all's gone well. Guests are happy to use it, it's easy to use and the fees low at 1.4% for European cards.
Does that include UK cards? And do you know how much for non-EU?
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

It is 2.9% for non EU which is rather off putting. My American guests tend to opt for Transferwise although most confess to be terrified of any financial transaction which is not credit card based.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Does anyone surcharge for Wave payments?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

RebelEmC wrote:Does anyone surcharge for Wave payments?
No I don't add a small fee. In my case it is Stripe payments through my website. I look on the Stripe commission as factored into my total price. If a guest chooses the alternative of paying me by bank transfer I see this as a bonus. I am now finding that the majority of guests prefer the convenience of paying with a card. Where bookings are concerned, I think that an ability to pay by debit or credit card for no extra cost does "oil the wheels", if nothing more than that.