Wave/Stripe credit card payments

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

RebelEmC wrote:Does anyone surcharge for Wave payments?
I charge 1.42% which is 20p less than it costs me...
I do this by having the card fee set up as a 1.42% tax which my invoices automatically include. By law you are not allowed to make a profit on card fees.

I give guests the option of (free) bank transfer or card payment inc fee.

If a guest opts to pay by bank transfer, I edit the Wave invoice to remove the card fee, record it as a manual payment, then send a professional-looking Wave receipt.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I simply pass the full cost on, 1.4% plus 20p. It's a very reasonable price to the guest who is generally using it to pay a deposit so it's not big money but gives them an option they're happy with.

RebelEmC that fee is for all UK and European cards. As Felicity says it's 2.9% for all non EU cards but that's still 0.5% less than Paypal which many people use.
RebelEmC

Post by RebelEmC »

Thank you all for your help. I have started using it.
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

RebelEmC wrote:Thank you all for your help. I have started using it.
How do you find it? I am using Stripe over here, SSL embeded, on the payments page, but i find the code quite difficult to understand and customise.

We have a Stripe account I can plug details into straight away, but can't create invoices.
Does the invoice part make any differences to your bookings overall?

Thanks

K
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.
Gettingthere

Post by Gettingthere »

964kevin wrote: Does the invoice part make any differences to your bookings overall?
I don't think it increases bookings necessarily, but it does inspire a bit more confidence as the invoices and receipts produced (as PDF attachments) look very professional. You can add your own logo if you have one, but I simply add a picture of my property instead and I think it looks great. And all for free!
moray_cottages

Post by moray_cottages »

I've used jotform.com to create a secure online form for guests to submit their credit card details to stripe. It's easy to link your stripe account so the payment goes through automatically.

I've then added a link so that when guests choose credit/debit card with PIMs they get a link to click on and the form then pops up in a new window - it saves having to create a seperate invoice on wave apps.

Its working a treat so far - and its free to use jotform up to 10 submissions a month.
Last edited by moray_cottages on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Well done moray_cottages! Thanks for sharing.

I'm sticking with WaveApps cos I like the way the invoices look, but it's good to know that you can use JotForm like that.

I'm a big fan of JotForm... have booking, and feedback forms, plus newsletter signup linked to MailChimp made that way.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ok, so looking at this as an option. I've joined jotform and linked it to Stripe. Just need to create the form I suppose and work out how to add the link to PIMS. I do like Waveapps, but it can't be integrated.
COYS

Post by COYS »

Like NeatandPicky, I use both - Jotform for booking forms, Wave for cc invoices. I keep them separate just 'cos I find it easier.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

So form is completed, and I have the link. However it is just displayed as text in the payment information box in PIMs not as a clickable link. What am I doing wrong?
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

NeatandPicky wrote:Well done moray_cottages! Thanks for sharing.
+1 to that.

I'm fairly new to all this, but as far as I can tell what you have done is insert a link using HTML inside PIMS (for Hells Bells) to a form in jotform which then in turn links to wave/stripe.

The reason you cannot link directly from PIMS to wave/stripe is simply because wave requires its link to come from an https (SSL) page. I think this is correct ?

So, if the PIMS page were SSL protected, could you then have simply linked directly to Wave/Stripe and bypass the extra step of jotforms ?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OK, I'd copied the link not the code, so that's now sorted at least. Not thinking straight, I hadn't had enough caffeine.
moray_cottages

Post by moray_cottages »

There is no way to integrate the wave apps application Richard - they only offer the option to send invoices. Theoretically if PIMs had a secure page then I think there would be a way to integrate a Stripe checkout. There is alot of info on their website but it is beyond me I'm afraid - sadly not just a case of inserting a bit of code like a paypal checkout button.

On a secure page though it would be possible to get rid of the jotform link and just have the form open within PIMs. I've had a few bookings and they've all managed to use the jotform link with no problems.

e-richard wrote:
NeatandPicky wrote:Well done moray_cottages! Thanks for sharing.
+1 to that.

I'm fairly new to all this, but as far as I can tell what you have done is insert a link using HTML inside PIMS (for Hells Bells) to a form in jotform which then in turn links to wave/stripe.

The reason you cannot link directly from PIMS to wave/stripe is simply because wave requires its link to come from an https (SSL) page. I think this is correct ?

So, if the PIMS page were SSL protected, could you then have simply linked directly to Wave/Stripe and bypass the extra step of jotforms ?
sylvainbg

Post by sylvainbg »

You can also find channel manager that offer booking widget for websites.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Does anybody have a telephone contact for Wave?

A week ago they were doing maintenance on their site. At the same time, or just before I sent an invoice. It arrived without a payment button. I then sent one to myself. The same. No payment button so the guest paid another way. I sent a message to Wave on Sunday, 6 days ago, and still no response from them. I checked my test invoice again today by resending it and still no button.

Is it just me or does anybody else have this problem?

Do they have a Facebook page I wonder? I can't find one.