Group bookings

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Lemontree

Group bookings

Post by Lemontree »

Morning. I have (at 02:15hrs this morning) received an Air BnB booking for a group of young lads who are having a reunion weekend away together. I have a small terraced cottage in a quiet residential area of Hemsby, Norfolk. The booking was vague (2-4 if us depending on who can get time off work). The Booker has only just joined Air BnB so has no reviews for me to go off. What is your experience (if any) of same sex group bookings? Especially young males? My cottage is a 4 star rated property and I have only ever had families / couples. Grateful for any advice. TIA.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I wouldn't want them!

I have taken group bookings of young men but they were mountain bikers and there for a purpose, not just to drink and hang out.

They filled the recycling bins with their empty beer bottles but they all were far less trouble to clean up after than many families
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Bikers are ok as you say they have a purpose for being there, will be out all day and be too tired after to party.

I have let to students but only on a separate agreement that any noise complaints i can deduct 500 gbp from the deposit. If they agree then they had no intention of causing trouble.

My worst tenants ever were a family with young children, you really cannot predict it.
Pixiepower

Post by Pixiepower »

It’s difficult to generalise. I guess your willingness to take the booking might depend on if you’re nearby to keep an eye on things (and they know that’s the case).
We had a group of young people that looked like they might have been a concern- boy racer type cars and baseball caps on backwards etc. but they left the house clean and tidy and even sorted out the recycling, so less trouble than some families and groups of older adults.
CSE

Post by CSE »

One cannot ban guests on sexual orientation, gender, race etc.
So if you refuse them think of something that will not get you into trouble.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
COYS

Post by COYS »

As casasantestevo says, be careful about how you refuse if you so choose.
We have always tried to avoid younger groups, but in hindsight the few that we have had weren't much bother really other than being a bit messy. Hen parties & wedding groups are by far the most chaotic & troublesome & families with sticky kids always make for the longest changeovers.
I'd consider the neighbours & possible disturbance to them but as long as you're up front about what is expected it could be ok.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Giraffe

Post by Giraffe »

Families with both young children and dogs make for the most mess. I had 4 young men last year - past mates at university who meet up each year. Left the place spotless plus a lovely review.
The best things in life are free
LeeH

Post by LeeH »

In our Terms we state:
We reserve the right to refuse parties of more than 2 single sex guests, unless as part of a family unit. Single sex families and couples are more than welcome, but Sandy Palms is not party/stag-night accommodation.

that seems to have worked well for us, so far.
I detest raisins, sultanas and other dried fruit, but you just try to keep me away from the mince pies!
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

LeeH wrote:In our Terms we state:
We reserve the right to refuse parties of more than 2 single sex guests..
Most people are a single sex...
LeeH

Post by LeeH »

Most people are a single sex...
I noticed that as soon as I posted it! :D
(heads off to amend... :D )
I detest raisins, sultanas and other dried fruit, but you just try to keep me away from the mince pies!