Dr Mark Donald

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Alan Knighting

Dr Mark Donald

Post by Alan Knighting »

Today I received the following enquiry:-

I am Dr Mark Donald, Director [Markdonald Reservation and Brokers Agency], I have delegates that are interested in booking your Hotel for their Stay, We want to know if your single rooms or suites would be available for booking, They are 3 in numbers and they want your 3 single rooms or suites, They will last for 14 days, Mail us back with the final prices for your rooms so that we can get back to the delegates for payment but that will be via Credit Card, Check-In will be starting from 2nd May 2007, Check-Out 16th May 2007. Hope to hear from you soonest with the grand total cost for the whole stay with breakfast and dinner if served.

[Brown reservation & brokers agency].
110 Amens ridge lane
London,
England EC2R 3NE
Telephone : +447024035242

I was a little suspicious so I did a Google search on the author. I was directed to http://arrangeyourvacation.com/pages.aspx?id=78 where I found the following as an actual example of scam emails:-

I am Dr Mark Donald, Director [Markdonald Reservation and Brokers Agency], I have delegates that are interested in booking your Hotel for their Conference Summit, We want to know if your single rooms or suites would be available for booking, They are 4 in numbers and they want your 4 single rooms or suites, They will last for 14 days, Mail us back with the final prices for your rooms so that we can get back to the delegates for payment but that will be via Credit Card, Check-In will be starting from 1st Feb 2007, Check-Out 15th Feb 2007. Hope to hear from you soonest with the grand total cost for the whole stay with breakfast and dinner if served.

[M.donald reservation & brokers agency].
114 Amens ridge lane
London,
England EC2R 3NE
Tel- +447024035242
Tel - +447024099331
Email, markdonaldreservation@yahoo.co.uk

It would appear that my suspicions were well-founded.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Thanks for that one Alan, The site you found the little Mugu on is offering free advertising to owners.
Cheers
PC