luke.morgan10@hotmail.com via faked HA enquiry email

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Casscat

luke.morgan10@hotmail.com via faked HA enquiry email

Post by Casscat »

My cup runneth over. Just received another faked enquiry from 'Home Away' :roll: Same format - a seemingly legit HA branded page inviting me to respond via my dashboard etc. but 100% bogus:

"Message from Luke

Please tell my if your vila is available for these dates To keep things simple for me from a correspondence point of view, I will be cahat you more fully from my 'home' address luke.morgan10 @ hotmail.com
Talk through website means I cannot easily keep all my correspondence in one place: where I want and need it.

Regards!
Luke

luke.morgan10 @ hotmail.com

God bless you
Luke"

And god bless you too, you slimy dishonest toe-rag :evil:
annafern

Post by annafern »

There is another post about this but beware folks as looks like he is sending enquires directly!

Not sure what his game is but may give him one of my polite replies!!

Quote:
Hi, we were wondering if your property can be rented. I know it is a busy period, but maybe we can arrange something. My dates are flexible! Can you please send me a quote and a booking request so I can pay online through website if is possible.
I would appreciate if you can forward all the info to my Luke on his email address below:
luke.morgan10 @hotmail.com
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Don't reply - it just shows that you are a 'live one'. Report to the site that he's spoofing and then hit 'delete'.
annafern

Post by annafern »

Came directly to my own email! So difficult to report.
www.bluelagoon.co.uk www.uniqueholidaycottages.co.uk
I own two websites - Blue Lagoon which I use to market my own holiday cottages. I also own Unique Holiday Cottages - a directory of luxury holiday lets in England and Wales.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Casscat wrote:Don't reply - it just shows that you are a 'live one'. Report to the site that he's spoofing and then hit 'delete'.
That might apply to spam but I doubt scammers. They're not ticking off a list of those who reply. It's a software script that will make the next move and send you usually a phishing link.

Just report it to hotmail and if enough people report it, the account gets closed. However, unless you have proof of the scam, nothing will happen. Once they send the link, you can also report that domain and contribute to having that shutdown too.

The site the scammer is pretending to come from can do absolutely nothing other than warn users.
GRL

Post by GRL »

annafern wrote:There is another post about this but beware folks as looks like he is sending enquires directly!

Not sure what his game is but may give him one of my polite replies!!

Quote:
Hi, we were wondering if your property can be rented. I know it is a busy period, but maybe we can arrange something. My dates are flexible! Can you please send me a quote and a booking request so I can pay online through website if is possible.
I would appreciate if you can forward all the info to my Luke on his email address below:
luke.morgan10 @hotmail.com
He fancies coming to France now - exactly the same email to me, found in thr spam folder for my personal email address not my bookings one.
GRL

Post by GRL »

He's now found my info email address - shall we take bets on how long before he finds my bookings one?