New one on me

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
gh

New one on me

Post by gh »

Just returned from our place and we found a rather strange thing.

Someone has taken two of our pillows from the beds and replaced them with grotty old ones.

I noticed this when I was making the beds ready with fresh linen for our family who were coming over. All our pillows are from Ikea and every visit we buy more to leave for the cleaner who replaces ones that need to be.

Had to throw out some stained ones before, nothing unusual about that, but to take two and leave their own :? . When our girls were younger they liked to have a pillow to snuggle up with on the long journey, perhaps their children liked ours better. Bizzare.
Ju

Post by Ju »

We've never had people take pillows, but we do gain them from time to time. Three so far this year, none of which are a standard size and none of which had pillow cases on!
Bellywobble

Post by Bellywobble »

No problem with pillows, but we did have one rental where the Tupperware containers disappeared and the lids were left behind !:?
judyc

Post by judyc »

We once had guests who left with a Fischer Price children's garage.

Hard to believe that an adult wouldn't notice it being packed in the car - especially as they had come by plane!

Luckily they were moving on within the area and brought it back (along with the two tea towels, and peg basket that had also packed 'in error'! :shock:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Judy :D

Did the notice the 'error' or did they get a reminder phone call?

Ah weve got one just like that at home. :oops:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm still seething from the discovery that a super shopping basket that I was very attached to, has 'walked' - it was large, perfect for trips to the market, and had leather handles and corners, little legs so it could stand up by itself, and cost ... I thought I could trust people with it, and wanted them to enjoy it as much as I do (did) - but not more than!! It also had some sturdy carrier bags in it - the ones you have to pay for at a French supermarket, and so I was saving them money - but did expect they would leave bags and basket behind for the next guests!

More fool GG! :evil:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Maybe they ate it Gascony
you know how tempting these little snacks can be. :lol:

Better warn Mouse she wouldnt want to loose her pink, pride & Joy :wink: :x
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's a point Ros, maybe I ate it. I'm turning into a bit of a basket case. It's bad enough losing ones memory, but now I'm remembering things that never happened!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be