Max Headroom

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Paul, I will let you off the extra S[but only just] :wink:

Dont leave the day job and go into car sales?????

You look a bit like a sinister Peter Sellers :evil:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Paul Carmel wrote:He is the Rev Twicenightly of the Church of the Sacrificial Goat.
Church of the Sacrificial Goat - I don't believe what I'm reading - Mountain Goat - get a load of this! :shock:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you all so much for a stack of very useful and constructive suggestions and comments. What a great forum!

Having digested all your replies, my other half and I have decided to bite the bullet as Ros suggested. Work hasn't finsihed on the barn and having spoken to the artisans it seems not too late to reconfigure the rooms. There's a 2 metre space between the top of the stairs to the bedroom walls currently that we intended to use as a spacious gallery. We've decided to move the stud partitions forward by just over a metre and eat into the gallery so that, as HelenB suggests, we gain more height along one side of each room. The biggest problem, for which our electrician has a solution, is extending the electrics to their new positions. Problem solved. Albeit not without some expense but it will be worth it.

I'll let you all know how it turns out. Thanks again so much for all your fabulous help.

Poppy
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well Done POPPY!!!! :D

See I knew you could do it never say never!!!! :wink:

Please let us know how it all goes Good Luck!!!! :wink: :D
gh

Post by gh »

Well done poppy, solution found. Hope you have many 'bookings' for your place. :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Poppy, and welcome from me - relieved by your news; now it's all systems go, so good luck, and keep posting!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
garlic

Post by garlic »

Poppy
Best of luck. I'd love to see how it turns out, might give me some ideas about how to deal with my own low ceilings :)
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi Poppy. I'm glad my suggestion about moving the floor/walls was useful. That is what we had to do with our barn but beware cos I discovered when we went to inspect a few weeks after the work was done that one of the bedrooms still had a low ceiling as they had put the partition wall in where it had originally been planned as they thought the gallery looked much better wider !! Doh, this guy was very arrogant! We ended up with a superb gallery but the bedroom too low ! This isn't in a house that we rent out though- it couldn't be used as a bedroom that people pay for!!! My girls use it sometimes instead !! :-)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good advice Fraise, :D

We had an builder like that once told me I didnt know anything[as if!]
I said ,I know Im not going to pay you if you dont do it as Ive asked, seemed to do the trick!!

How people manage who arent there to see whats going on with building work I dont know must be a worry.

Before I bought in Spain I sort of believed what people say now I know they tell us what we want to hear. :wink: :roll: