Charging for towels

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Oh Ros

What nasty memories you brought back, boiling Dad's hankies in the saucepan, gross doesn't even come close :shock: Ditto re the flannels.

I thought I'd be so clever and get very small towels for the bidet BUT our Spanish management co just couldn't seem to get it right and when we arrived, one bedroom would have 2 the other one 1, so it was something else I gave up on. They came back home with me for dish rag use.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
debk

Post by debk »

whew. us, too. towels, towels everywhere.
debk
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yep, I don't get it. My bedrooms/towels/bathrooms are all colour co-ordinated, with tons of spares. When I went to check on the house one week in July before the new people had arrived, my caretaker had put orange and blue towels on one bed,green and blue on another etc ! All mismatched,doh!!!!Mind you, I also did a quick run round another time and found she'd left her pants ( knic***s) on the shower door in the en-suite bathroom. Don't ask !!! A more Madame Prim and Proper you would find hard to meet !! She's obviously a part-time commando :wink:
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Mine does that isnt it annoying!!!!! :cry:

All my towels are Cream or Rusty coloured,
She kept leavng them to dry for the next guests[not a great 1st impression. so I bought zillions more.[she said Id bought enough for the whole street but she still manages to miss match them]

Even when I go there!![the coloured ones end up in a cupboard.

Weve had quite a few mongrels turn up as well[dark green, Brown and PURPLE]

Asked her where they came from & she said theyd been left by visitors so we might as well use them[NO}

Dont want to fall out with her as she does a really good job mostly and i dont think she thinks it matters but it does for me.

Hadnt thought of what was said earlier about people having theyre own colour towel,
but these ones are laying on the bed when people arrive and should coordinate with the room and as all are rooms are dressed in the same bedding colours and curtains[both houses.]

I know its one of the problems of not living on site[Id probably keep trying to pop in & put the cushions etc where I wanted them to be if I did :oops:

So maybe its a good job I dont :D
Vally

Post by Vally »

We can get quite a " thing" about towels can't we!! In the hotel I like to have mine placed on the end of the bed ...we do give rather a lot ... each pile consists 1 bath sheet , 1 bath towel ,1 hand towel, 1 bath mat & 1 flannel!!!I like them piled up in that order with the bath mat diagonally across the bigger towels and the smaller towel + flannel on top, my pal who helps me in the hotel always does them differently so after she has gone I run round and change them to my way ....as if we didn't all have enough to do!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Bet you wont let anyone else stack your dishwasher either, :D

How come we would rearrange it twice to get the odd cup in rather than wash it

BTW what is the strangest thing youve washed in a Dish Washer[and dont say dishes] :wink: :lol:
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

Vally, what about the environment? Surely one person doesn't need all those towels and the excess laundering must have some effect on the environment.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

This should be interesting....... :wink:
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

:lol:
Vally

Post by Vally »

Well the really strange thing is people don't use them they put them neatly away in the wardrobe and just leave the dirties ...but when they walk in it is a wow factor to see all those lovely towels added value with no cost!!

....and as for the dishwasher what is the point of having a dish rack if you balance cups on it so yes I am always altering it

. strangly I don't think I have ever strayed from washing dishes in mine
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Ros,
BTW what is the strangest thing youve washed in a Dish Washer[and dont say dishes]
I once heard of someone who re-heated vacuum packed food in a dishwasher rather than in a microwave or a steamer. Is that strange, or what?

Fluffy.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Is that strange, or what?

Not at all, very sensible. A short 35min cycle does a very nice fresh whole salmon - few tablespoons of white wine, stuffed with favourite fresh herbs, and quite tightly wrapped in foil (about 3 or 4 times) and top rack.

When Joanna wakes up you'll hear about her veg. washing activities.

Goat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ive washed Lamp shades[they come out lovely,] & leggo Bricks. :o

[funny how we managed to not answer the question but if we use dishwashers we probably shouldnt]..... :wink:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I washed the mechanism for the electric window on my car once - big mistake!!

It consisted of dozens of plastic beads that were threaded on to something else and all the beads were black with grime and grease so I thought I'd put them in one of those little net bags and put it in the top rack.

Well at the end of the cycle I opened the door to be confronted with all the beads at the bottom, the bag had opened and spilled all the beads onto the heating element at the bottom - one big melted wadge of plastic!!!!! :oops:

I'll leave the grease and grime in place next time!!

Kathy (Somewhat off original topic me thinks.......)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MY dishwasher is broken at the moment, so I'm not washing anything.