Balance payment issue via PayPal

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Balance payment issue via PayPal

Post by Sam V »

Sent out my usual reminder three weeks before it's due to guests for their final balance payment. I had a response a few days later asking if they can pay via credit card, I replied, yes, but only via PayPal with a 3.5% fee.

The payment is due today but she called me yesterday to say the balance reminder did not show how much to add for the PayPal fee. I use PIMs and they paid their deposit via bank trf, and was unaware they'd pay the balance via PP.

Anyway, I calculated the fee and resent the reminder with adjusted due payment £1031.07 for her. Her husband later emailed me with a PP screen shot showing the PP send request and a message 'we can't send your payment at the moment.....'. He says he's going to contact PP today to find out what the problem is.

I'm wondering if anyone here might have had this and why? I don't think it's a problem my end, but could it be the amount?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The amount if the account isn't verified? If they think an account is being used fraudulently? He should be able to get to the bottom of it, but is he sending it as if it's to friends and family rather than for goods and services? Could Paypal know it's for a business transaction if your account is a business one for example? I'm guessing at all these though.