What happens after you register VTAR?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
brendan

What happens after you register VTAR?

Post by brendan »

So you complete your VTAR (self-declaring that you comply with all the requirements) and send it off to the Junta...what exactly happens next?

Do they send out an inspector? Do they demand results for tests of drinking water and sewage tanks? Or does the number magically appear via post?

Has anyone ever actually had an inspector appear and if so, do they make an appointment?

Do you have to register guests with the police?

What about the 12 week occupation rule?

Any experience of the whole post registration experience would be greatly appreciated.

Are there pitfalls to look out for?

Many thanks in advance.
CSE

Post by CSE »

A lot of your answers are already on the forum.
The discussion between the radio station and the CAB recently posted is full of good information.
Up in Galicia you can expect an inspector to call at anytime, they will like to see a book with the results of water tests etc. The water tests are done at the chemists we also have our own kit to monitor chlorine levels.
The registering of guests is under a national law. You can expect a visit by the Guardia Civil at any time to look at your data.
I would not expect only the one visit just after you have just opened. It could happen at any time when they have got the resources. Or a "problem" occurs.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I think it rather depends upon where you are and the type of property you have. Andalucía has been greatly behind the curve in terms of the licensing of urban/coastal rentals and with the new regs they are inundated with applications. I do not imagine that they will be sending an inspector to every single one. The regs for rural properties have been in place for many years though, and I applied for my VTAR as soon as my place was up and available. They did send an inspector, but to the best of my knowledge there was no water quality test involved. They'll have a peer at your water supply, note the existence of a septic tank as opposed to a cesspit etc. but mostly they are ticking boxes about heat/light/ventilation etc. The guy that came to mine left behind the specification for the ceramic plaque I had to have at my door, and he may even have allocated my VTAR reference on the spot but I haven't that clear a recollection. Certainly if it came later it was very quick.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Ditto Casscat.

I am in Malaga and just had the inspection. I think it all really depends on the province and even the inspector involved.
In our case it very very easy to comply and fast. Application to plaque adornment took about 1 month. We were told to apply for Casa Rural Superior category. That surprised me as I was expecting to apply for VTAR status.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Do you provide services cleanforum? B&B etc? Mine is pure self catering and I don't live on the premises. The VTAR in my case is for the 'vivienda rural' category. I think both vivienda rural and casa rural are VTAR licensed dwellings. The reference for Málaga will always begin VTAR/MA.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

I never really got to the bottom of it. We did not want grill the inpector when he was there. We are just a rural property with no extra services (paid-for anyway). Our application was made from the Nerja buisness help office and the guy there was able to help with the forms but gave us some minor incorrect information.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Oh and our designation was CR/MA/00xxx
lorca

Post by lorca »

Unless things have changed, a Casa Rural is akin to a B and B (ie other services are provided). A Vivienda Rural is rental only.

It's important to be sure you're in the correct category, as there are very different obligations as far as autonimo status and tax requirements are concerned.
If not now, when?
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

That's what I thought lorca, which is why I asked cleanforum about additional services. I had these questions when I first pitched up here and received a lot of really useful information. The differentiation between casa rural and vivienda rural is not exactly clear, but I had come to assume that it was basically B&B versus pure self catering with no additional services. If you give the *wrong* answers during the inspection you may find that you wind up with the wrong categorisation.
CSE

Post by CSE »

a Casa Rural is akin to a B and B
No you can get them as complete houses, (Alquiler completo)
http://www.ruralandalus.es/casas-rurales/malaga/
http://www.casasrurales.net/casas-rural ... er-integro
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Lorca, "unless things have changed" Looks like they may have.

Casscat "questions during the inspection" No, in our case the number and inscription in the RTL happens before the inspector calls and there are no questions as to whether you serve Breakfast etc.

Before doing this I read all I could and came to the same conclusion as you guys, but could find no more to base it on than assumptions and hear say.

As I said, it seems complicated and different in each community, there are various different laws that are in flux/different stages of enactment etc in each of the comunities.

At least that is how I understand it.

I answered this thread to give my factual experience of how it happens, In malaga, in July, 2016. The inspector who called was based in Malaga city tourism office and visited alone. He said he had over 600 on his list to visit in the province. He called us before the inspection to make an apointment. As we are in the campo he needed us to show him where the house was.

We received our number by post shorty before he rang us for the inspection.

This was our experience last week. Next month, next year, who knows...
Last edited by cleanforum on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

casasantoestevo Yes, of course. That site gives some good examples.

I do seem to recall that the categorization distinguishes now between, Casa Rural Compartida and Casa Rural no Compartida.

I have the name and number of (one of the) Malaga inpectors, if anyone is really worried then they could call and try to find out more..
Last edited by cleanforum on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
lorca

Post by lorca »

OK cleanforum.

We have three village houses that have been registered as Viviendas Rurales since 2007. We have had one update from the Junta since then when the regulations were revised, but I am now unclear about the difference between a Vivienda and a Casa Rural. You seem to know, so could you explain please

BTW both Casscat and I also live in Málaga province

Thanks
If not now, when?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

You nearly got me there Lorca, :wink: No I can´t explain it as I am as confused as everyone else here.

As I mentioned above when we had the inpection we were only interested in getting the sign-off and not arguing the finer points with the gentleman.

My impression was that the laws have been morphing/changing over time.

As I mentioned I would be glad to PM the inspectors details for anyone who wants to check directly.

BTW my house is in Torrox and the paperwork for the application was done by the Nerja Town Hall (Office Andalucia Orienta)
Vera

Post by Vera »

We have just had our VTAR inspection. Three guys arrived, a driver, a writer and one to tell him what to write.
They inspected and measured the properties and took a few photos. They wanted to see first aid kits, asked if we had mains water and had a print out of our web pages, this is the pain.

We have to change what our two rentals are called, they have been an apartment and a small villa since we 1st advertised in 2004 when you had to tick boxes for accommodation types now we have to call them "Vivienda or Alojamiento".
We also have to remove all mention of WiFi because this is an added service and we are not allowed to provide services the same goes with providing bikes.
We also cannot mention "Child free" as this is discrimination and we are not allowed to charge extra for air con or heating.
We have to put a sign on our wall and a sign for each accommodation we also have to erect external direction signs.
We also have to display a price list, complaints book and a copy of our certificate which is nothing more than an email.

Removing mention of WiFi seems completely antiquated, has anyone else heard of this condition?