What happens after you register VTAR?

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

They're really going for it in terms of the new urban rentals aren't they? Why so much more fierce than the pre-existing rural rental rules I wonder? No one even looked at my web listings and I do charge for air con. I have no price list (other than on the listings sites) and although I have a 'guest book' for comments it is a compliments book not a complaints book! There was an article in the Sur last Friday saying that in the Málaga region only 800 properties had applied for registration out of an estimate 8000 actually being offered for holiday lets. Ignorance may account for some of the shortfall, and fear (head in sand) for a fair chunk of the remainder, with the balance being people who have either called it a day on rentals or are still trying to get their accommodation to conform to the regs before applying.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Every business that is located in Spain has to have a complaints book by law.
They are not cheap to purchase, but cheaper than the fine imposed if court without one. Customers can send letters to the local consumers office of the Junta and in that letter, they can also complain that you did not supply a complaints form. That also does not go down well.
WIFI, maybe it is a service that can be removed by the owner at any time. But never heard of it not being allowed. On one indeed. Maybe add it to your price list? Then say it is gratis!
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.