vivienda con fines turisticos success (Andalucía)

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Sanchisimo

vivienda con fines turisticos success (Andalucía)

Post by Sanchisimo »

Well, after completing the form following Spain-Holiday's guidelines on the buzzfeed section, completing the form on-line, taking a hard copy to the office, then going back to the office to sign the form (forgot to), add the folio reference number and Notario from the copia simple (forgot to put those on as well), a letter has arrived today from the Junta de Andalucía with our registration number: VFT/MA/02156. Whoo-hoo! We're legal! It was extremely simple and logical to do.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Well done you. :D
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Congrats! Glad to hear that it was relatively easy to do. Others seem to be terrified about the process.
Quiterio

Post by Quiterio »

Can I be very boring and ask:

Did you have a certificate of first occupation?

Did you have certification of your drinking water?

(I understood that these are 2 stumbling blocks in most cases)
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Quiterio are you urban or rural? I don't think water certification is required for urban properties as they are typically on a mains feed. The licence of first occupation, on the other hand, is. For my rural property I did not need water certification and I am not on mains other than via erratic water pumped from the village to my water deposit.
Quiterio

Post by Quiterio »

Ah, well, that's a moot point.

I would have said urban, but rumour has it that, unless you're "urbanised" (which we're not) then you're rural. In which case we should have registered in 2004!

Plus we're still not sure how we can get the equivalent of a CFO.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Water regulations are covered under a different law. This question has come up before......
Look at the last post made by us on this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=26080
CSE

Post by CSE »

Quiterio wrote:Ah, well, that's a moot point.

I would have said urban, but rumour has it that, unless you're "urbanised" (which we're not) then you're rural. In which case we should have registered in 2004!

Plus we're still not sure how we can get the equivalent of a CFO.
You have asked about this before. Have you tried any of the suggested routes to obtain one?
viewtopic.php?p=336817#336817
Quiterio

Post by Quiterio »

Yes, you're right. Sorry to cover old ground. I'm in the UK at present, and just trying to do some homework before returning to Cadiz Province and tackling this head on.

Many thanks for your replies.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Best tactic may be to get an application submitted and see what comes out of it. I didn't have to provide anything very much other than proof of ownership. My place was inspected and pretty much approved on the spot.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Casscat wrote:Best tactic may be to get an application submitted and see what comes out of it. I didn't have to provide anything very much other than proof of ownership. My place was inspected and pretty much approved on the spot.
ditto here in Malaga.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

Sorry for lack of response. The VFT registration is by it's very nature for urban properties. We have an apartment in a newish block in the historic centre of Malaga city so a certificate of first occupation was not needed (you can't get water of electricity without it so I think it is assumed to be in place). No additional paperwork was ¡needed just the folio number and Notary office for it's original registration was required and a signature. The form was completed on their Oficina Virtual site which required a digital certificate.

Interestingly, we have now bought another apartment around the corner. In the Junta's office office today they allowed us to use their computer, helped us fill the form in, prinited off two copies for us and this application has now been submitted. It honestly took us 30 minutes.
Casa Montana

Holiday lets licences

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi all,

I am in the Valencian province of Spain. Filled out Spain holiday form & have been told that the form is not accepted as I have a house that I am renting out as opposed to an apartment.

I am now being told I need to go down the Casa Rural route.

We discounted this route before after getting architect plans drawn up & submitting to townhall etc..... Only to be then told that we will need to install extremely expensive sprinkler system & some fire doors - To the tune of €6k or something crazy like that.

Anyone else got any experience of being granted a licence for a house??

Makes you feel like giving up trying to go down the right path.

Although it is only time that we may get a knock on the door from the Valencian authorities with a large fine :-(

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Carl
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Gorgeous house Casa Montana :) The link to OD posted takes you to a generic page and not your own property though.

I am still confused about terminology. I was told that a casa rural was akin to a B&B, i.e. it wasn't strictly self catering and additional services were provided. A vivienda rural is a self catering holiday property specifically within a designated rural area. I really don't understand why a house is different from an apartment if both fall under the category of 'urban' for the purpose of the legislation. These links refer to 'viviendas turisticas' without mentioning apartments:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/faq/r ... turistica/
http://www.spain-holiday.com/rentalbuzz ... -community
CSE

Post by CSE »

I am still confused about terminology. I was told that a casa rural was akin to a B&B, i.e. it wasn't strictly self catering and additional services were provided.
Have already put a link about this erroneous perception before.
viewtopic.php?p=337158&highlight=#337158
The use of "Casa Rural" is we believe protected under Spanish law. Not everyone can use it.
If you are classified as a Casa Rural you will have more onerous public health issues to contend with, plus it may change your tax obligations too.