Sign in Bathroom

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Casscat wrote:... a jet of cold water ...
Aaaah, if only the water coming out of the cold tap was actually cold! This summer it's been sooooo warm it's almost too hot for those delicate areas, and certainly a lot warmer than my shower these days! :oops: :lol: :lol:

(Sorry for slight thread creep!)
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

PW in Polemi wrote:
Casscat wrote:... a jet of cold water ...
Aaaah, if only the water coming out of the cold tap was actually cold! This summer it's been sooooo warm it's almost too hot for those delicate areas, and certainly a lot warmer than my shower these days! :oops: :lol: :lol:
The same could never be said for the same appliance installed in a British bathroom though! :D
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Casscat wrote:The same could never be said for the same appliance installed in a British bathroom though! :D
And that's in the summer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
aasta

Post by aasta »

So now mulling over the signs wording...just hope guests can all read!!!!
aasta
SarahV

Post by SarahV »

Human waste only in toilet, thank you.
Please use bins provided for everything else eg sanitary products and toilet paper.
SarahV

Post by SarahV »

Perhaps looking into buying the toilet paper which caravaners are meant to use . It's thick enough to do the job but doesn't block up pipes in the caravans or septic tanks. Just as a plan B that is. Perhaps find a cartoon which gets the message across ? Search google with something along the lines of "don't put toilet paper in toilet" and click on images rather than the default "all"
Martha

Post by Martha »

We used to have this problem before we finally got rid of the fosse. It could only handle the thinner paper. We just used to provide it and explain why to guests, both via email and in the welcome meeting. We still have signs to say "Toilet paper only, please!" as it can't handle anything else.

This doesn't really help your wording q......
but what I was going to add is that (copied from a local restaurant) we have all our loo signs written with white 'chalk' pen on slates with rustic string hung through. So the signs themselves are actually pretty. Some are heart shaped, some are rectangles. Slate signs are widely available online, they are handy for lots of things, I sometimes use them for welcome notes.

Finally a small thing but ... remember to put it where a person sitting down can see it!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
yer tis

Little poem

Post by yer tis »

All of us with septic tanks,
Give to you our heartfelt thanks,
For putting nothing in the pot,
Thats isnt guaranteed to rot.

Kleenex is bad, cigarettes too,
Feminine products are taboo,
With your kind cooperation,
Well keep our tank in operation.
Sue
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

:D :D :D
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I like your ditty yer tis, but I would probably amend it to include the worst offenders:

All of us with septic tanks,
Give to you our heartfelt thanks,
For putting nothing in the pot,
Thats isn't guaranteed to rot.

Moist wipes are bad, condoms too,
Feminine products are taboo,
With your kind cooperation,
We'll keep our tank in operation.

Kleenex tissues are the least of my worries, and most properties are non-smoking (who puts fag butts down the loo? Apart from Wayne and Waynetta Slob? Surely not) so moist wipes (whether toilety wipey things or make-up remover wipes) are the biggest potential problem I would have thought followed by feminine hygiene products. I've not ferreted around in my septic tank though so I have no statistics on that!! :lol:
jlaceysmith

Post by jlaceysmith »

We have signs - hate them but felt it better to install them after a couple of early disasters. They're quite detailed, but we hang them in a pretty frame and use a nice font, centred with a surround. We point them out to guests when we show them round the gite on arrival and press the point then as well...

Our drainage system operates with a septic tank. Please observe the following:
The only things that should go into this toilet are human waste, toilet paper (small amounts please!) for septic tanks and the liquid toilet cleaner provided. All other items - sanitary products, nappies, tissues, cotton wool, facial, baby or wet wipes and contraceptives MUST be placed in the disposal bags and then in the general waste bags. If they are flushed into the toilet they will cause blockages which are immediate, extremely unpleasant and very expensive to rectify.
Thank you for your co-operation!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Ah, you provide disposal bags! Like those feminine hygiene bags they have - or at least used to have - in public loos? Neat idea as they're paper and biodegradable. Not sure where to source them.
jlaceysmith

Post by jlaceysmith »

Not the ones with pictures of ladies in crinolines - I use biodegradable nappy bags on rolls, used as liners for a small bin next to the loo and I leave extra in case guests want to "individually wrap".
Martha

Post by Martha »

You absolutely need the bags! It really helps encourage ALL kinds of waste to be wrapped and binned.

http://www.outofeden.co.uk/products/725 ... and-holder

I love the poem!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
CSE

Post by CSE »

Question: Do ladies use these bags at home? Or when out for the day at public loos?
Or do you throw them then in the waste bin not using a bag?

http://www.theperiodblog.com/faq/faq-ca ... h-tampons/
http://www.moneycrashers.com/items-neve ... ed-toilet/
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.