Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Email from Friends Reunited - Do I Click Link?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casscat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Email from Friends Reunited - Do I Click Link? Reply with quote

Didn't know where else to place this so I will try here Very Happy

I have just received an email from Friends Reunited - remember them? I have to say I barely do but they were at the starting line in terms of social media. Anyway, the email reads:

At the end of February, FriendsReunited sadly closed down. Prior to this we wrote to all members explaining that a large number of you have old photographs on the site, and we recognized how these pictures had great importance to you.

Our records show you have some pictures within the site, so if you would like to access these and download them, please click on the link below.

http://sunset.friendsreunited.co.uk/#/signup/56e8c7fb30c75ab4068377ca

When logging in you must use the email address that this message was sent to – so it matches with the records on FriendsReunited. The password can be a new one, as this will allow you to come back at a later date and recover the photos.

If you have any problems or questions then please contact support@friendsreunited.co.uk

Steve Pankhurst

Is it safe to click the link and look at the photos to which he refers do you think?
e-richard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's probably OK. The link itself is not harmful, its what could happen afterwards, but as explained below, I suspect that its quite benign.

Clicking that link takes you to a login screen, which is pre-filled in with your (Casscat's) email address, but invites you to create a NEW password.

Its the fact that you're invited to create a new password that makes me think its not phishing and probably OK.

So I'd suggest that the password you use is unique and not used for anything else whatsoever, and go ahead.
Casscat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile I am very intrigued about these 'photos' as I really cannot remember what they might be! Such a long time ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: