Social Tax

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
nijntje

Post by nijntje »

la vache! wrote:Regarding the changes proposed in the Social Security law in Katie's link (obligation for rental owners to join the RSI, reduction in threshold to be considered professional from 23,000€ to 15,000€, there is some good news.
Rental owners will not be obliged to pay RSI contributions, the threshold will also remain at 23k euros to be considered non professional, and the current 71% abattement for meublés de tourisme will increase to 87%.
http://www.lafranceagricole.fr/actualit ... 14236.html

are you sure?? because a couple of days later this came out?
http://blog.elloha.com/2016/12/12/au-fi ... 20larticle

see also this ; https://www.gites-de-france.com/pdf/pre ... FRANCE.pdf

so it looks like 6.9% to pay to RSI to me? I dont get it anymore?
Richard D

Post by Richard D »

Yes it would appear that by lobbying hard, Gites de France managed to get a last minute reprieve for beleaguered rural gite owners and the discount is going to increase from 71% to 87% so hooray for some good news at last !

I suspect though that there may well be a modification in this years tax return which requires some evidence of classification before they'll apply the discount, so anyone who's not yet been classified (like us) it would be wise to contact Gites de France or the prefecture to organise an inspection before May this year. We'd better get hiding all those deep fat fryers!
Bassman

Post by Bassman »

Richard D wrote:Yes it would appear that by lobbying hard, Gites de France managed to get a last minute reprieve for beleaguered rural gite owners and the discount is going to increase from 71% to 87% so hooray for some good news at last !

I suspect though that there may well be a modification in this years tax return which requires some evidence of classification before they'll apply the discount, so anyone who's not yet been classified (like us) it would be wise to contact Gites de France or the prefecture to organise an inspection before May this year. We'd better get hiding all those deep fat fryers!
The prefecture no longer make inspections in our area Richard the only alternative to GdF is the UNPI in La Rochelle they did ours & they werent too persnickety
pete

Post by pete »

excuse me for going back on this thread,

From Linosin cottaqe,

Do you receive a UK State Pension and reside in France Mols? If so, you are exempt from social charges and you can claim it back. We just received the past 3 years social charges back, and have just received the 2015 tax statement, with nil to pay. I thought we would have to put in a reclamation for 2015, but the amount was automatically refunded into our account (as we still pay them monthly by direct debit)
_____________[/quote]

thanks for this comment, we went to the tax office and applied for a refund and received 2 years back, we missed on the 3rd year as we were too late applying,