Kingdomofrentals

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
oldpolicehouse

Kingdomofrentals

Post by oldpolicehouse »

Hi I have been contacted by Domanic from Kingdom Of Rentals....he chatted for 30 mins....even through me having my 3 kids friends over to play and cooking lunch ..... now I looked them up as I always do!!! looks a bit od a scam!!!! ha anyone heard for them or about them ... saying they have Scandinavian clients blah blah blah
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Based on the name alone I'd laugh them out of my space. The 'Scandinavian clients' line is commonly used by fakey rental agencies and as far as I can tell these are all operated by the same one or two scammy chancers.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Just been contacted by an Indian-sounding guy by the name of 'Simplich' :? calling from a number showing as from Sweden (+46855921415, though most probably from the South-east Asian subcontinent).

He said that they had many Scandinavian guests lined up for us (where have we heard that before?)

I said that I would transfer him to our 'Vice President' and with that he got put through to our call blocker.

Looking at the 'Kingdom of Rentals' website, they assure you that they never spam anyone (no doubt unsollicited calls are not a form of spamming):

Spam

kingdomofrentals.com never participates in spamming and will not allow someone to do so through our website. Any unauthorized use of information by third party will be subject to copyright law violations and will be subject to criminal prosecution.
...and the following that had us falling about laughing:

Mission Statement

A mission statement is a statement of the purpose of a company, organization or person; its reason for existing; a written declaration of an organization's core purpose and focus that normally remains unchanged over time.

The holidays are here. Do you have a plan? You might consider creating a Holiday Mission Statement to get yourself started. A mission statement can be your guide for the holidays. It can keep you focused on your goals.

The first step to creating a Holiday Mission Statement is to start asking questions. Talk with your spouse and discuss questions like this :

What is our budget ?
What do we want to teach our children this season ?
Are there some new experiences to share with our children ?
Is there anything we want to do different this year ?

Now you are ready to bring the family together and have a family meeting. Some more questions could include :

What is your favorite family tradition ?
What do you remember from last year? Your favorite memory ?
What are you most looking forward to? What are you dreading ?
What was your favorite way/thing to give to others ?

You may be amazed at the things your children remember and want to do again this year. From here you have can make a mission statement. Just a sentence will do. This will keep you focused on the traditions the are the most meaningful to your family.

It may be a little late to do a Thanksgiving family mission statement but you can still do one for Christmas. Have fun with this and let us know how it goes.We would love to hear some of your mission statements. Enjoy the Season!

...and to think that people actually pay these guys money to advertise their holiday homes :shock:
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

I am on to writing out my mission statement straight away, I can't think why I have never thought of doing this before :roll:

If you get a call from these guys let them prattle on for half an hour whilst you do some housework or something then ask if they do deliveries? Rogan Josh, Poppadoms, Naan, Vindaloo................... I did this once with a ("This is Microsoft and you have problems with your PC" Scammer) and he called me a F!#%^^%# B@@$%^&&^% B((*&^%$$% and a C)*&&* S(%^&* T*&&^%% his list of expletives were quite extensive

:lol:
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We were again called by Kingdom of Rentals yesterday, this time using a different number (+46 855921341). Indian-sounding guy going by the name of 'Tony Walter'.
I told him he was talking to the wrong person and like before, just blocked him mid-sentence. No doubt he will call back using a new number....
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

They called me this morning - guess they are workingtheir way through some French listings now - usual.... lots of Scandinavian tourists wanting winter bookings. Calling from Sweden, asked if I had knowledge of Swedish guests - said yes I had Swedish family, and suddenly it was a Norwegian company with mostly Norwegian guests. Insistent that he will call back.... I've blocked the number.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

.....and they are back again. A young woman with an Indian accent claiming to be called Elisabet from Sweden on +46 855921249. Kept loosing her place in the script and repeating whole paragraphs.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Dotty wrote:.....and they are back again. A young woman with an Indian accent claiming to be called Elisabet from Sweden on +46 855921249. Kept loosing her place in the script and repeating whole paragraphs.
When we get anyone calling saying they are phoning from a particular town (country etc) we like to test them on their knowledge of that country. Something that anyone would know if they were actually from there.

Apart from the fun listening to them trying to answer, we work on the basis that, if someone is lying to us in their very first sentence why would we trust them with anthing else they then had to say!

Simple questions like who is president of England (if they said they were phoning from London) or the time in the country they are phoning from (should be easy as everyone wears a watch or has a clock on their computer).

They generally put the phone down but they do eventually get the message when the next person phones and gets asked the same question. Usually 2 or 3 calls are all that is required.

VT