Sending a Map

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

For the village I think I used streetmap.co.uk. I put "call out's" in with little pics of the pubs and cafe and of course the cottage using a graphics package. Maybe streetmap.co.uk exists in other countries like mapquest etc?

I too have a fully legal copy of Adobe PDF Professional for work. I'm happy to PDF for folk too to spread the load a bit. Just PM me.

I use either Photoshop Elements (about £50 but came free with my computer) or the full Photoshop package as you can open PDF's in these and edit them.
enid

Post by enid »

Sorry - a bad student here - I've found a map on Via Michelin but I don't know how to copy it - I did try another site first and couldn't copy that either - help!!!!
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Enid, have you tried right clicking and copy or save? Or click it and Control C then Control V to copy and paste into whatever you want. Copy to your desktop so you can find easily!
Rexer

Post by Rexer »

enid wrote:Sorry - a bad student here - I've found a map on Via Michelin but I don't know how to copy it - I did try another site first and couldn't copy that either - help!!!!
Enid,
I had a look at Michelin and you can't copy their maps - they have disabled it - so you need to find another map.

To check if you can copy an image, right mouse click on it and if you can 'copy' will be one of the options.

R
enid

Post by enid »

Thanks - I'll have another go later. Their map did seem to give me the option to copy or save but it didn't work.
A-two

Post by A-two »

If you don't have Adobe Acrobat to make PDFs, try this, it's free

http://www.cutepdf.com/

Or if you're buying a new PC, you may be able to add on Adobe Acrobat Elements for about $35. Don't know the difference between that and the Professional version, but it converts a Word doc into PDF very easily. It's worth getting because Word docs don't always arrive in the same shape and form as you send them, and they can carry viruses, which makes people nervous of opening them, whereas PDF is generally regarded as safe to open.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Success, :lol:

Thanks loads Rexer[you must be a good teacher] :D

I really do appreciate your help. :lol:

Ive said it before but what a great forum this is!!!!!people helping people.....[If only all life was like it] :lol: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

Ros - where did you copy your map from?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Spain, :lol: I dont think it will help you much :wink: :lol:

Seriously though I didnt really want a multimap sort of one or street map
I wanted a map that showed where the houses were in relation to Torre & the beaches etc.
I went through all the websites that said there were maps took quite a while.[most not very good then found the sort I wanted]
The one I got was a copy of the tourist map they give out[its also the one I send to people so its ideal.]

Rexer kindly talked me through how to mark where the houses were[had to do it a couple of times] and then VERY kindly made it into a PDF thingy.

Im so chuffed!!!!!! :lol: People often ask where the houses are and I describe it and I do have a map I can send but I do think it helps to have it online.

If you are having trouble finding a map have you one you could scan and Im sure Paul could help you with the rest>

Pm me if you like & I will give you my email maybe I can help a bit :lol:
Rexer

Post by Rexer »

Thanks Ros,
I'm pleased to be able to help.

R
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

have any of you found your property on Google Earth? Its a fantastic tool

Our villa is on there and its just perfect for emailing to potential guests to show them exactly where we are (as you can zoom in/out and all around the area).
For those not familiar with it you get an ariel view. And can see the complete layout of your house plus all the surrounding area

technology....don't you love it!

Techno-Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
rhood151

Google Earth

Post by rhood151 »

I downloaded a picture from Google Earth with little text boxes inserted showing where to park to unload the car, where the keys are stored and where the parking garage entrance is. All the guests have had no problem finding anything.[/img]
Opportunity often presents itself as simply hard work.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi rhood, :D

like your signature statement.....

Weve done quite well for ourselves down mostly to my husband. and his long hours....

People keep telling us were lucky and my husband says yeah its funny the harder I work the luckier we are..... :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Ros wrote:Hi rhood, :D

like your signature statement.....

Weve done quite well for ourselves down mostly to my husband. and has long hours....

People keep telling us were lucky and my husband says yeah its funny the harder I work the luckier we are..... :roll: :lol:
Ditto here too Ros. :D

I think I mentioned in another topic how good it is to communicate with other members and second home owners who appreciate the determination and hard work it takes to get where we are. :D It gets right up my nose when folks say 'your lucky' or the other favoured quip is..'you must be loaded'. Nah we're just damned determined and have put in too many hours to trust it to a pension fund!

O.k I'll get off my high horse now, it's Friday night and time to relax with my first glass of wine for the day. 8)
cromercrabholiday

Post by cromercrabholiday »

Ros wrote:Hi rhood, :D

I prefer the Arnold Palmer version - “It's a funny thing, the more I practice the luckier I get�

John