Is it time for a redesign?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
chris from ocean one

Is it time for a redesign?

Post by chris from ocean one »

Hi all, we have had our vacation rental website running for a couple years. Other than a couple text and photo changes it has remained the same. What do you guys think about it? Is it time for a new design?
http://www.barbadosoceanone.com
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Possibly. It certainly doesn't work well on a phone and I gave up earlier trying to view it.

Now on a desktop: I like the visual side of it but it's a bit unstructured. It doesn't seem to flow from a headline and summary to the individual properties and the widgets are somewhat overused and add to the confusion.

I don't feel the site reflects the prices charged for the properties. That alone would scare me off from booking. I notice the design company has several, absolutely identical sites on their portfolio. Hope you didn't pay too much for it.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I think it could do with a more modern look because it does look a bit old fashioned. I'm not a big fan of the turquoise and think that it actually steals the thunder from the beautiful blue of the sea and the sky in your photos. I'd also question the presence of awards on your home page as the most recent is 2013 and it could appear as if it's all been downhill from there. Perhaps better to have a changing landscape of guest comments so you can ensure that they are always up to date. Calling your accommodation 'units' sounds a bit clinical and uninviting. Is there any possibility of giving names to your 'units'? You are marketing a vision of an idyllic Caribbean holiday. Booking 'unit 304' doesn't really sell the dream.
chris from ocean one

I think I will do something clean and modern for the new website. I will also get some high resolution photos of the property so I can really show off the rooms. Thanks guys.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I'm curious - how did you embed TripAdvisor reviews and logos in the web site?

From a little research, it is no longer possible, at least not from holidaylettings.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:I'm curious - how did you embed TripAdvisor reviews and logos in the web site?

From a little research, it is no longer possible, at least not from holidaylettings.
Is all done by trickery. Images and Text in HTML.
You can see that by looking at the code of the website.
Browser Chrome has it built in and FF has it as an add-on.
IE I do not use.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
chris from ocean one

I simply copied the reviews and formatted them on the webpage with css.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

chris from ocean one wrote:I simply copied the reviews and formatted them on the webpage with css.
You're breaching their copyright by doing that...
chris from ocean one

I was unaware, thanks for pointing that out.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

chris from ocean one wrote:I think I will do something clean and modern for the new website.
Your site could look amazing with a revamp - look where you are! :D