How much is your Management company charging?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Welsh rose

How much is your Management company charging?

Post by Welsh rose »

Hi, can I ask if this seems about right? I'm in North Wales and I've just been quoted 20% of my weekly income and laundry costs and a £100 call out fee.

There aren't that many companies around here for me to compare it to. Help :D
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I am also in North Wales.

What do they offer?

For full 5 person occupancy it costs me just under £100 for cleaning and laundry and I pay a £25 call out fee.

If they are also doing your advertising and booking then 20% commission is about average (and you may also be paying VAT on it)
Circé

Post by Circé »

What are you asking your management people to do?
Cleaning, buying lightbulbs, bin bags and welcome goodies, getting in plumbers, sorting &/or doing laundry, taking bookings and money, managing damages deposits and/or what?
Checking & cleaning outside terraces and bbq?
Gardening?
Pool/hot tub?
To me as a property manager your question is no better than 'how long is a piece of string?'
Welsh rose

Post by Welsh rose »

Hi sorry they're offering the changeovers, call outs, the small repair jobs and working alongside tradesmen. They're not doing anything with the bookings or deposits.

Cymraes your's sounds a lot more reasonable than what I was quoted.

:)
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Welsh rose wrote:Hi sorry they're offering the changeovers, call outs, the small repair jobs and working alongside tradesmen. They're not doing anything with the bookings or deposits.

Cymraes your's sounds a lot more reasonable than what I was quoted.

:)
If you want a chat feel free to pm me. If you are anywhere near me I'll introduce you to my property manager