cleaning miracle

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Thanks for raising this brendan, all new to me!

Looking at the various suppliers there's such a wide range of stuff to choose from I'm a bit confused on what types and how many to actually buy.

If a cloth "lasts for years" as suppliers suggest then would say 2 of each type suffice?

Assume it's a special mop for tiled floors (as opposed to going down on knees with a cloth!)?

So how many different one's would I need for..
Porcelain floors, exterior patio tiled floors, Marble worktops, Windows, Bath, basin, WC, Tiled walk-in shower, Mirrors, Wooden tables, anything else I've missed?

Thanks in anticipation :)
Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
brendan

Post by brendan »

Blimey...I´m not an expert but this is what I bought.

The mop which comes with a duster head and a mophead. I´ve tried those steam cleaners and God knows what else. Living in Spain with brown ceramic tiles on the floors is a giant PITA. No sooner are they cleaned than there are footprints all over them. So we´ve been using the duster head first, then a squirt of water and then a quick mop. The floors are amazing. There aren´t any of the usual footprints - I presume cos´you´re not using any ´product´. It really gets into all the corners etc. Really impressed with it.

The granite cleaning cloth set (comes as a cleaning cloth and a polishing cloth). Actually I got this thinking I had granite kitchen worktops but I don´t - they´re marble. Anyway...the cloths work an absolute treat. I´ve despaired of ever having a worktop that actually looked sparkly clean with no damm streaky stains from water - didn´t matter what I used/did. Step up the e cloth - the worktops look brand new. Actually you don´t really need to use the polishing cloth after the granite cloth every time unless you´re particularly anal or you have VIPs turning up!

Then the window cloth which is completely astonishing. It´s orange and can be used dry which is great here in Spain cos´our windows get dusty more than dirty. One swoosh and I can see my laughter lines! For real dirt, use it with a squirt of water.

Other than that I got a couple of the general purpose ones - a selection pack, I think. The general ones are great and there´s one with a kinda scrubbing corner bit on it which is brilliant for the hob.

All in all I find them fantastic and find myself looking for things to clean - just for the satisfaction of seeing the results. I´m sure that´ll wear off though.
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Lol thanks mate... any particular supplier off amazon or is anything with "e-cloth" on from same original source?
Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
brendan

Post by brendan »

Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

Sounds too good to be true surely. I have tried all the old cleaning window tricks and nothing works for me - always look ok when I have finished then when the sun shines .... they look worse than when I started. I will be putting these on my own Xmas list.
linda que linda

Post by linda que linda »

greenbarn wrote:e-cloth is a brand name for microfibre cloths. What they've done is vary the thickness and density of weave of the cloths to make them more task-specific, so there is a difference between the general purpose muck wiper and a glass polisher.
Thanks, GB. Time to shop!
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Frenchlady wrote:Sounds too good to be true surely. I have tried all the old cleaning window tricks and nothing works for me - always look ok when I have finished then when the sun shines .... they look worse than when I started. I will be putting these on my own Xmas list.
This chimes with me... however have taken the plunge and ordered some e-cloths on the basis of all the endorsements here (and online reviews). It sounds mad, but can't wait to try them!
windrush

Post by windrush »

We've been using them for years following a tip-off on here, we call them magic cloths! They're great for everything, especially glass and anything that benefits from a smear free finish such as chrome and marble. They wash well and do last for years and years and years.
waterwitch

Post by waterwitch »

Thanks for the tip - I've ordered some ready for our deep clean when our last peak summer bookings finish mid-Sept.

My shiny new steam cleaner also arrived today - I just can't wait to get stuck in!
brendan

Post by brendan »

There is a downside to the new sparkling kitchen worktops; everytime I lay down a glass or cup I get told off and there´s a rush for the ecloth!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Amazon have a lot of them at cheaper prices then the ecloth site.
Mas Nialgue

Post by Mas Nialgue »

Having read the thread I found them in LIDL here today for 2.49 euros a pair.

If they are like other own brand stuff they will be very good and are in permanent stock rather than 'here today gone tomorrow.'

Somewhat bizarrely I am also looking forward to trying them out!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Has anyone used the deep clean floor mop. I'm fed up of marks and streaks on my floor, it doesn't matter what I use it never looks clean. I've tried traditional mop, HG cleaning solution and a steam cleaner.
brendan

Post by brendan »

Helen - that´s the mop I was talking about above. It´s excellent and beats anything else I´ve invested in hands down including some outrageously priced steam cleaner. It looks and actually is pretty flimsy but our shiny brown Spanish tiled floor has come up a treat and is even getting better. No streaks and it actually stays looking clean for much longer.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

And tonight's news headlines. Bong!
Panic buying returns to the UK as supplies of e-cloths run dangerously low. Investigations are under way into the possibility of a buying cartel, identified only as "Hatters", but retail industry commentators are at a loss to explain the reasons behind the sudden interest.
Later in the programme, "Are e-cloths the new hard currency", and investment guru George Soros on how to make a killing and clean up with e-cloths.

You heard it here first.