Receiving OD booking payments

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Receiving OD booking payments

Post by Sam V »

I know on another post this has been discussed, I had mentioned that despite having an OD subscription I've not been receiving payment for bookings until after guest check in, when I was under the impression I would get the payment when the guest paid. I was advised to get in touch with Yapstone and find out if I've been incorrectly set up.

Only yesterday did I realise I'd received a reply from Zachery at Yapstone, seems they are also 'Vacationrentpayment'

This is his reply:

Do you have the listing number for your property? Usually for payments done through ODVR we set them up in our main platform, which we do not have set up with check in payments. But if ODVR is using Homeaway Payments, the property could very well be on check in payments, in which case, we can potentially set that up to be instant payments. Also, I would recommend contacting ODVR as well to make sure that they know about this issue as well. As it stands, we likely set it up as requested by ODVR.

I sent my property number, he replied:

I can confirm that the listing is set up for online payments and for check in payments. I'd check with Owners direct still to see what their qualifications are for moving to advanced payments. Unfortunately, my team doesn't work in the international platform, so I'll have to send you to our international team for further assistance at a high priority. I'll preface them with the situation and hopefully they can assist you from there.

He did just that and today I've had this reply from Jana:

Thank you for contacting Holiday Rent Payment.

Currently your property listing (#8048391) is approved for check-in payments where you get your money disbursed to your bank account 1-2 days after the guest checks in. The reason why we automatically approved your listing on check-in payments was due to yourself being a customer of Home Away for few years.

We may be in the position to upgrade your payments to advanced payments. This payment process takes an average of 5-7 working days after a guest has entered his credit card details online, regardless of the arrival date.

To go into a bit more detail, as a homeowner, you should receive a payment confirmation from Home Away as soon as a guest has paid for a reservation.
When the funds have cleared, you should receive an email from HolidayRentPayment, entitled “Deposit Statement”. Upon receipt of this email it usually takes 2-3 working days for this transaction to show on your bank account.

To do so, we require the following:

1) A recent utility bill for your rental property, in your name

If you wish to upgrade your property to advanced payments and get the payments disbursed to your bank today, please reply to this email with an attachment of your requested document and I will email you when your account has been upgraded.

So, looks like I have to follow yet more instructions. FYI I've had my OD subscription account since 2009, HA since 2011, I changed to commission at my last renewal.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com