How much do we pay for a caretaker/cleaner? + Insurance?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
debk

Post by debk »

However, he said that we would only be covered for theft if there has been a break in which is why we're now wondering if it is worth us taking out any extra cover for any other means of loss due to theft?
Most of our visitors tend to carry more cash than normal as well as packing a large variety of expensive toys (cameras, ipods, etc) and, therefore, are very consciencious about locking up.

They are, after all, in a strange place whereas when we used our vacation home ourselves we were very lax with locking/closing doors because we know all the neighbors and felt at home.

As such, our only theft coverage is with our standard holiday home insurance policy (www.intasure.com). For other things that might "go missing" perhaps your damage deposit would come in handy here?

Finally, I totally agree with Fluffy's comments. Including those related to tumble-dried towels. :wink:
debk
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Deb, :)

Ive found the opposite true in our houses,They all seem to have their Holiday Heads on.

Doors wide open handbags next to an open window :wink:

I think its because theyre relaxed and switch off :roll:
debk

Post by debk »

They all seem to have their Holiday Heads on.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
debk
Tuzi

Post by Tuzi »

Thanks everyone again!

Deb, you've certainly put my mind at rest with the theft cover.
We've decided to go with Schofields normal holiday home insurance and not bother with the extra theft cover. Surely it's upto the guests to have their own cover too? And the damage deposit could come in handy if necessary.

Buckie, you seem to have everything covered on your site and very easy to follow, lovely place too. I'll certainly be taking more of a gander (of yours and everyone elses!) a bit closer to the time we'll be setting up our website. Theres so much to think about with this holiday home lark! Thanks very much for your info. Can you tell me how much the ASSC charge to join and if there are any special requirements? Maybe I should just look it up eh?!

Tooz