Garden and Pool Furniture

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

SPJ - they are fully adjustable; from flat to 3 semi sitting positions. All the ratchets are metal.

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks e-richard. I must admit I've thought loungers like that would be uncomfortable, but something robust like that would be great. I'll keep an eye out for something similar.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Mouse wrote:SPJ - they are fully adjustable; from flat to 3 semi sitting positions. All the ratchets are metal.

Mousie
x
Hi Mousie, thanks for letting me know. I can see I need to do some thorough research next spring before buying.

Thanks everyone - very helpful. Sue
Quiterio

Post by Quiterio »

How many do you provide? We can accommodate 8 people in total - so 8 loungers? Is that realistic?
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

We can accommodate 5 and have five loungers (3 plastic white ones with arms and two curvy cheap metal things from Lidls) by the pool - two in the shade, three in the sun. As the pool is some way from the cottage we have another full length lounger and 4 Lidls metal mesh chairs that tip back on and around the terrace of the cottage - some in the shade and some in the sun.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I accommodate six and have six loungers (teak ones). However I would recommend having at least one spare in case of breakages. If you want to match your furniture and have one lounger expire on you it helps to have a stand in waiting in the wings leaving you to source the substitute at your leisure.
SPJ

Post by SPJ »

Thanks to everyone's advice, I've bought the first of what may be several of the following:

Nardi, but in solid plastic, not webbing
No arms, so no issues with getting onto the lounger and fitting between the arms
Robust (claims, from Nardi advertising picture to take 500 kgs!) and shown being used on beach in their hundreds
Higher than some of the others, so easier to get on and off, if guest is elderly, has mobility issues, or overweight
In anthracite, so less likely to look sad / tired in a season or so. (I may opt for one of their lighter colours for the pool)

Thank heavens for Amazon! Shipping from the UK for £140.44 (164.31 euros) total compared with cheapest I could find in France including delivery 221.75 euros.
http://tinyurl.com/j6znbty