andy brown

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Sheffield89

andy brown

Post by Sheffield89 »

Hi
Just wondering if anyone has come across this chap? First contact with us was brief via 'cottage gems' requesting 4 weeks November-December. The poor grammar and length of stay made me suspicious. We had a booking mid-way through so just replied with sorry full dates unavailable and referred him to our availability calendar.
Next contact a week later for different 3 weeks - 'Thanks for the mail.Please i checked your page and realized Nov 24-15 dec 2016 is available.Please can you confirm those days for me?Regards'

I sent back quote, and 12 hours later this followed:

Sorry for not responding earlier, i was away on a job assignment, i had limited access to the internet and phone calls.
I am okay with the condition and the description of the house and it surrounding. We think your location is a prime location for this occasion.We to want renting the location to celebrate our father`s 70th birthday. The booking deposit will be paid, a week before the occasion i will contact you for further arrangement.

Details for booking if necessary
Residential address
One Baylor Plaza,
Houston,
Texas
Tel: (281) 968 4349

This my current location address(working address)
Kosmos Energy Ghana
D’Anchor House
#12 First Osu Badu Street
West Airport Res. Area
Accra.
Tel: 00233-269155621 ( call me on this line if you want to talk to me.Thanks

The cost of rent for £1620.00, does the cost of rent include the security deposit? Do you have cleaners? Kindly forward a booking form if necessary .Payment will be made via bank transfer.Kindly send me the following details please so we can start processing with payment
Bank name:
Bank address:
Account name:
BIC/SWIFT
IBAN:

Looks like a scam to me and haven't replied further. Any advice please?
Alison
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

One Baylor Plaza is the address for the Baylor College of Medicine - not a residential address. The address for Kosmos Energy is correct and if 'Andy' works there you should be able to reach him on their number of +233 (0) 302-740888
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Smells like a scam - a very English name, but the writing style suggests English isn't his first language. If nobody else has had the same enquiry then I suppose it could possibly be genuine.

Do you usually take bank transfers? I'm not sure if there is any risk in sending him your bank details.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth