Email from FB to review info

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Email from FB to review info

Post by Sam V »

I'm a bit confused, I've had an email from FB to review info on my villa page. It suggests changing the category and if they don't hear from me by 29th it will automatically be updated. There's a link that opens my page, but if I log in direct myself I can't find any update info.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Are you sure it's a genuine email from facebook? Have you checked the actual email address? It sounds scammy to me. Facebook make lots of changes but I can't think of a time when they've sent me an email requiring me to act. Changes are imposed by Facebook but they all take place automatically or they make suggestions in the app.
davidah

Post by davidah »

I had the same email from Facebook.

Went into my business page and the change was highlighted. It was a change to category of business category - I think they had added hotel to the category? Can't quite remember.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

davidah wrote:I had the same email from Facebook.

Went into my business page and the change was highlighted. It was a change to category of business category - I think they had added hotel to the category? Can't quite remember.
That's exactly what it is but I've gone round in circles on my page settings and everything else and I can't find it!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I had the same, mine was in my notifications, when I clicked it the option to review/change my category came up. Didn't say anything about them doing it anyway if I didn't reject the change though.
arkvilla
Location: Highgate Park, Florida (the Villa) we live in Essex, UK

Post by arkvilla »

I also had it for my work FB page, it was a minor category change, I just accepted the change

Sandra