Tax de Sejour 2016

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Ondine

Tax de Sejour 2016

Post by Ondine »

Hey,

I still have not received my Tax de Sejour info for this year. For the last couple of years I received a pack mid-summer from the tourism head office explaining the rates with forms to self-declare. I have still not received anything to date. I've rang numerous times looking for information but have been given various excuses saying either I will be contacted via email or the person responsible is not there. Has something changed? Has everyone else declared or should I not worry?
Thanks
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

Hi Ondine, not sure where you are based but we are in the Dordogne and have received the information a couple of weeks ago. Have you looked online to see if anything has been posted there? Around here we can download the forms from the web. No need to panic (yet) you have got until the end of the year to pay (at least around here that is) so nothing to be done immediately.
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Dusty wrote:Hi Ondine, not sure where you are based but we are in the Dordogne and have received the information a couple of weeks ago. Have you looked online to see if anything has been posted there? Around here we can download the forms from the web. No need to panic (yet) you have got until the end of the year to pay (at least around here that is) so nothing to be done immediately.
Im in Gard. Yeah ive looked online to see if I can get the forms for my specific area but I always come up with nothing. The only specific info I can find associated to our postcode are minutes from a meeting in Mairie oulining the Tax de Sejour rates for 2016. This is the site I always land on - https://www.service-public.fr/professio ... its/R43856 Is that the right one?
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Taxe de séjour is set by each individual commune, so what happens in another commune is unlikely to be helpful for you. I'd suggest speaking to your mairie as, if they're anything like ours, they're pretty keen to get the money so should also be keen to provide you with the right info. Ours has a dedicated department for dealing with Taxe de séjour... maybe yours is the same?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We're in the Dordogne and we haven't had anything yet. We don't usually get anything until October. It usually comes in the post although I did once go in and ask. I went to the Communite of Communes office as they are responsible for it here but another house we look after, in another Commune, goes through the Mairie. French bureaucracy!
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

Just to be sure of getting their money our Communauté de Communes sends us two lots of info and forms to fill in, one at the beginning of the year and one towards the end in case you have lost the first ones! Our Taxe de Séjour is collected for all the year now.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

This is an interesting discussion. British owners seem to go out of their way to make sure that they pay all the taxes and charges that may or may not be payable. French owners just sit back and wait for the demand. Sometimes it doesn't come so they have saved money.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

Thanks for all the replies. Got the forms via E-mail from the local Communauté de Commune & have sent everything in. Interesting to hear how different the system is in other parts of the country. In our area it seems like the Mairie is not responsible for any aspect of the declaration or payment of the Tax. The only info I received from them was a telephone number on who is responsible in the local Communauté de Commune.
baringa

Post by baringa »

In the Lot valley we are now declaring monthly and paying online, it's a good system and helpful reminders to declare, and saves that end of year scramble to get it done, but I suspect the rise from 0.55 to 0.80 cts per person per night is paying for it!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

We've just received 'information' about the taxe de sejour for 2016.

In previous years I filled in a form with the number of guests (those over 18 years) x the number of nights they stayed x €0.22 cents. The annual bill was usually around the €20/€30 mark. The accommodation sleeps 6 but is usually families so the children didn't 'count' for the tax.

This year there has been a change. The calculation the tourist office have done is 6 beds x 62 nights (July + August) x €0.33 cents divided by 2 = €61.38. That's the bill.

No doubt they are attempting to simplify things but it seems a bit steep compared to previous years.