Wifi problem

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
Jentay

Wifi problem

Post by Jentay »

Good morning - We have a Wifi problem in our B&B and my husband, who is good at this sort of thing, cannot work it out - We have several devices, phone, tablet etc, with no trouble connecting - but our guests cannot. They see the router, put in the code, but then don't get access as no internet connection. My husband has tried hardboot and softboot but to no avail. Has anyone had similar problems - any advice/suggestions gratefully received
SarahV

Post by SarahV »

Probably a bit of an obvious question, but have you entered the password into their devices or relying on them to do it?
CSE

Post by CSE »

yes usually with Apple made equipment.
The process is .
Disconnect from any WIFI.
Then let it search again. If it finds the one you want and still will not connect, then disconnect again. It will come up with an alternative. Dismiss right away, do this until it only has one choice left.
It should than connect. (after putting in the password if you have one).
Windows is never this "fussy". But sometimes guests which to connect to the wrong WIFI network. We have several on one router, some for our own security.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Jentay

Post by Jentay »

Thanks so much for your responses and suggestions - Am told he has sorted the problem - we had insufficient free leads
CSE

Post by CSE »

we had insufficient free leads
:?:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Jentay

Post by Jentay »

I mean 'Leases' sorry
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Jentay wrote:I mean 'Leases' sorry
A periodic reboot usually sorts this or sometimes there is an option which automatically clear the leases after a period of time (say a month). depends on what type of router/modem you have.