Homesandhotel.com

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
baclava

Homesandhotel.com

Post by baclava »

I keep getting booking enquiries from this company although I have never registered with them. Does anyone know of them?
joddle

Post by joddle »

They are an American site but if you have never registered with them then you should not be getting anything from them - However if a company that you do use has used them to co-advertise then that could explain what you are getting - but best to check with the companies you do use. If they say they don't use that company to co advertise then you maybe the victim of property hi-jack so look yourself on the site to see if your property appears there - and if it does get in touch with the company right away as they may unwittingly be advertising fraudulently.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Have you done a search of that site - via your own sourced link and not any link which may have come with the 'enquiries' - to see if your property is there? If it is then you should contact the site to ask how come, but it is odd that a hijacker would leave a gateway open for genuine enquiries to come to you. It does look more like a cloning operation with nothing whatsoever to do with the implied source. Do a bit of basic searching and if your place is not advertised on the site then just bin any approaches as they are phishing.
AndrewH

Homesandhotel.com

Post by AndrewH »

Searched this site out of curiosity. It has the same photograph on the home page as Nigel has on ownerholidays.com. Across the picture is written: "We help you find right property". Although the site is written in English, English may not be their native language.
Nigel Goodwin

Re: Homesandhotel.com

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

AndrewH wrote: It has the same photograph on the home page as Nigel has on ownerholidays.com.
Not sure which photo you mean - the one on my home page isn't on their home page, but it wouldn't surprise me if we used the same photo.

Some of mine are on https://unsplash.com/

e.g. https://unsplash.com/@sebas_m04

My photo of the Greek village seen through a cave is from windows spotlight, but also seems to be on shutterstock.

I will need to review these photos.

www.tineye.com is always useful.

These listing sites do seem to all look quite similar.

I agree, a lot of grammar issues (mainly a lack of some spaces), but I also see they have an office in Covent Garden London ????
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Nigel Goodwin wrote:Not sure which photo you mean - the one on my home page isn't on their home page, but it wouldn't surprise me if we used the same photo....I agree, a lot of grammar issues (mainly a lack of some spaces), but I also see they have an office in Covent Garden London ????
On the H&H home page the photo appears further down underneath the pictures of "Top Destinations". It's the one of a row of villas with crisscross wooden first floor balcony rails.

Thesearch engine offers dynamic and user-friendly search criteria, to select the best vacation homes anywhere in theEurope, on affordable prices.

They claim a base in San Francisco as well as Covent Garden, but it doesn't seem to do much for their English grammar. I have to say this site makes me suspicious.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

AndrewH wrote: On the H&H home page the photo appears further down underneath the pictures of "Top Destinations". It's the one of a row of villas with crisscross wooden first floor balcony rails.
It's this one

https://pixabay.com/en/holiday-complex- ... ew-461633/

which is free to use. That phototgrapher has a lot of nice free to use photos.

I have to say, Homes and Hotel has a lot of strange use of English, and they claim 2.7 million properties. Really??

Nah, it's rubbish. Spot the mistakes.

Homes and Hotel is the Europe's largest search engine for vacation and short-term rentals. With over 2.7 million properties in 70,000 destinations, homes and hotel gives you the widest selection of unique accommodations around the world.
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

I did a search for 'United Kingdom' and got three flats in London. That's it.

A search for 'USA' returns just five properties.

Maybe I'm using the site wrong, in which case, it's not a very good site.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

baclava wrote:I keep getting booking enquiries from this company although I have never registered with them. Does anyone know of them?
Homesandhotel.com is another Indian-run site that I have had on my list for a while.

You can always see this by trawling through the T&Cs sections:

http://www.homesandhotel.com/terms.php

..and you grant the Site and its holding company, SN Business Services Private Limited
A search of 'SN Business Services Private Limited' reveals:

Sn Business Services Private Limited is a Private incorporated on 03 July 2015. It is classified as Non-govt company and is registered at Registrar of Companies, Delhi. Its authorized share capital is Rs. 100,000 and its paid up capital is Rs. 100,000.

Sn Business Services Private Limited's Corporate Identification Number is (CIN) U74999DL2015PTC282394 and its registration number is 282394.Its Email address is snahil.nehra@yahoo.com and its registered address is PLOT NO -186, BLOCK U, NEW EXTN POLE NO. 2339 ROSHAN PURA, NAJAFGARH NEW DELHI South West Delhi DL 110043 INDIA
I would recommend not listing with them as you will be throwing your money away on their lies and false promises. Often when these sites contact you they will most likely offer you a special deal 'only valid for today'.

There is a good chance that once alot of the subscriptions are due for renewal they will just go offline and then start up again with a different name and site, as so many have done before them.

'We have many Scandinavian tourist wanting to come and stay at your place', was what the very frantic Indian gentleman said who called our mobile while we were making the beds up last Saturday. We have no idea from which site he was calling, but the sales pitch is always the same...