Transferwise

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
zebedee

Transferwise

Post by zebedee »

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes payment to get into your account when receiving money via Transferwise?

Do you get an email to tell you that a payment has been made after you request it?
Many thanks.
bornintheuk

Post by bornintheuk »

I have used them to transfer sterling in UK to euro in France and the transfer normally takes 24 hrs after transfer of funds to Transferwise.
I get an email when the transfer has been actioned its up to you to look at the recipient account to confirm.
What would Plato do ?
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Thank you
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

When you set up a recipient's bank details you are asked for their email address, which is then used to advise the recipient of the progress of the transfer. I think that the recipient is only notified when the final transfer is made to the destination account but the sender receives notifications of receipt of payment, exchange of currency etc.

I see that it's now possible to use Transferwise to send money to just an email address (like PayPal) without having to share bank details. See here.

Whether this would be well received by an anxious client is another matter.