Travanto - warning commission !

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
dado1977

Travanto - warning commission !

Post by dado1977 »

We had recently a problem with commission of this web site.
So i think it is good that all owners read this
on their web site stand that you can pay advertisement or have commission model which is 12%
We have chosen this commission model. And basically all they do is to transfer your advertisment to booking.com and airbnb
And problem is that instead of 12 % invoice you get also on commission invoice full amount of this third part commission.
So we have to pay VAT on their commission and partner commission!!

Of course they ignore all our email why they to like this way becouse it is not my problem they have resell through other agent.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

At present I am receiving, one way and another, advertising from the sites YourRentals and TravelNest asking me to sign up. They appear to operate in the same way as Travanto. TravelNest will create a standard listing for your property and put it on sites of your choosing like AB&B. They will charge you 15% commission on the rent for booking received through them. I am not going down that road so I haven't asked them, but I am curious to know, if added to TravelNest's commission, the owner has to pay the owners commission which some of these big OTAs may also charge.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I think Travelnest actually charge 19% on Booking. com!