New website review

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
JoolsB

New website review

Post by JoolsB »

Hi everyone - really appreciate your thoughts on our website tidesreachbeachhouse.co.uk many thanks Julian
Having fun and making memories
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Hi. Not an expert in these things but as a potential guest I don't like the grey info block across the lounge picture. Just looks odd.
Pictures are clear, which is a must. Works well on my iPad.
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Looks good.
I would like to have a rates chart rather than having to enter dates - if you're flexible, you don't know when it's cheaper to stay. (I couldn't find a week for £850 per week, your advertised from weekly rate - thought January might be it, but it was £950 then)
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I presume that you're waiting on something before adding outside pictures?
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
JoolsB

Post by JoolsB »

Thanks everyone for the great input - and yes some new render is being added to the front of the property (should have been completed now, but haven't been out to property for a few weeks to take pics)
Having fun and making memories
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I like it!
Information is clear and easy to read. Nicely laid out website.

(Just one very small suggestion, the walls seem a bit bare, would you consider occasional picture/clock etc to give it a more homely feel?)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

I went to look just now but the section on The house, prices and availability comes up as completely blank for me?
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

I like the style and I'm ok with the grey text box, at least on Safari on my iPad (haven't seen it on a bigger screen).

I guess the text isn't finished yet - 'mod cons' is repeated and you've got 'Tthe' in the same text block.

The house page was initially blank for me too but then loaded after a long delay. Maybe the photo file sizes are bigger than needed?

I'd prefer photos of the bedrooms (and all rooms in fact) with the curtains open in daylight (still keep the lights on). Closed curtains, combined with the lack of outside photos makes me think you're hiding something! Let us know when you've got some new photos - they can make a big difference.

I agree that price list would be useful - we often search with 2 or more possible dates in mind and it's irritating having to keep typing them in on different sites just to see if the price is in our budget.

I hope that's helpful. You're off to a great start :D
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

+1 to what Joanna said. Photos in daylight on a sunny day with lights on and even flash if you're taking the photo from a distance made for super light bright photos.
Martha

Post by Martha »

Looks great! Filey is so nice.
Lots of good points here.

Have a good look and spellcheck for typos - there are lots there :)

"mod cons" I'd add a few more...satellite tv? halogen hob? whatever comes to mind as a highlight. if you say all mod cons but only name one, it comes over as a bit odd to me. Also I think a lot of people won't understand "fibre optic wifi." I'd just say broadband or high speed wifi.

" don't miss out on the chance to spend quality time with the people you love."
This reads a bit negatively to me. I don't think you need it.

"a wonderful place to spend quality time with the people you love."
"a perfect opportunity to spend quality time with the people you love."

or something similar might be better?

"A range of restaurants " - some recommendations here?
The kid's den looks great, I think you could make more of this with a picture and some details on how family friendly it is (same as you have with the dogs)

Definitely agree on pricing being clearer - and would it be worth doing a low season rate for smaller groups, since it's so big?
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix