holiday-rentals.uk.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
rosario

holiday-rentals.uk.com

Post by rosario »

hello,
Anybody has ever been in this rental listing? I have found out that a poll lists them second for European rental owners. Anyway it seems they are not allowing new members right now.
Thanks.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Which poll was that?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Had a quick look at the site.

Second for European rental owners & only 2 properties in Brittany, if I could get in with them quick, I'm laughing :lol:

Now just waiting for the glowing testimonial.

Robert
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

And a grand total of zero in Switzerland.

Can you really believe that a listing site would say no to a new customer? Unless they've got some sort of technical problem?

Mind you, it's an interesting approach - sort of gets you looking more closely....

....and even closer - a lot of properties in the Canaries - you don't think, no, it couldn't be.......surely not...hey - GG - you're needed...

Goat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Maybe they think that were such an awkward bunch
[us????] :shock: .

that if they say we cant join we will all be wanting to. :wink:

Makes a change from the best thing since sliced bread on my first day of forum posting, approach..... :)
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Mountain Goat wrote: Can you really believe that a listing site would say no to a new customer? Unless they've got some sort of technical problem?
Goat
Goat,

It says on the "advertise with us" page that they're "in the process of upgrading their web site" and that's why they're not accepting new advertisers. 8)
Chalky

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Chalky, thanks, didn't see that.

Just a personal view, of course, but I wouldn't want to put anyone off if I was running a site. If they've got current listings, why not accept a few more?

Mgoat
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Goat,

I agree with you, it does seem a bit odd. Perhaps "upgrading the website" is a euphemism for something more sinister. :wink:
Chalky

Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

OOOh I love a good Mystery..... 8)

First were annoyed that people are doing anything
[& I mean anything!!!!] to try and get us to advertise with them.

Now were intrigued with a site doing the opposite..... :roll:

If I was a Rental Website Owner[and Im not cross my heart.....] :wink:

I think I would change the way I targeted us..... :idea:

Watch this space....
rosario

Post by rosario »

Paolo, it has taken me some time but I have found it. In my research I came to vacationrentalsdirectory.net, click on For owners, and then internet marketing. There you can see the poll results. What do you think about it?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

My gut reaction to that poll is that it should be awarded Chocolate Kettle Grand Prize 2006.

i.e. 100% useless.

It takes no account of what type of property; marketed to whom, where, when; price ranges; seasons being rented, value for money etc. etc. etc.

It's like asking what are the best cars? Completely meaningless.

Now wait for an informed answer from someone who knows.

MGoat
paolo

Post by paolo »

I don't tend to believe online polls because they are not conducted by MORI, but by well-meaning individuals. In this case both the polling site and the listing site in question are owned by registered users of Lay My Hat, and I believe they are 'mates'. The inclusion of WWH and not, for example, Homelidays or French Connections, undermines the value of the poll for me. Also, 59% of respondents rated WWH as average or poor. Not a glowing endorsement for a site ranked second.

Not that I am suggesting that this poll has been rigged. It's just a question of which sites are excluded, and who took part in it, how did they find out about it, etc. - e.g. were WWH advertisers alerted to the poll?

If you take notice of a satisfaction poll, you should still see if a site ranks well on searches for a property like yours, and take the two results hand in hand.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

That's what I like about this site- informed people putting forward a balanced argument. :idea:
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

paolo wrote: 59% of respondents rated WWH as average or poor. Not a glowing endorsement for a site ranked second.
...but then 61% rated Owners Direct as average or poor, and they seem fairly highly regarded in these parts :?
Chalky

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's stretching my imagination to have WWH as #2 with 16 properties in France.

Just take a look at:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/search.asp

and compare numbers in any country with WWH - they've got 1,100 or so in France. Would these owners really stay with HL unless they were getting good results? Were they polled?

In fact, who was polled?

How many were polled?

How were they invited to poll?

Exactly what were they asked?

Does anyone here use WWH with success? I'm sure they're great, but let's hear it direct from the property owners who list with them.

MGoat
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.