Possible scam email

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
isplumm

Possible scam email

Post by isplumm »

Hi,

I have recieved the email below - something just doesn't feel right with wording of the email - he is from the USA, yet the English doesn't read correctly?

Good day

I will be coming for holiday in your place with my wife from United state of America and i will like to know if your property will be available for the month of April,i will want you to get back to me to confirm the availability of the dates below:

Arrival Date: 1 April 2017
Departure Date: 8 April 2017

I hope to read back from you with the availability of the dates and the total price for two adult and we are also flexible with date

Greetings Family Taylor Mathew

Thoughts?

Thanks Mark
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

Strangely worded to say the least, very scamish. My scamidect would be glowing a little on this one. Was it sent direct to your email? You could reply with a quote and see what response you get from that. If it contains a PDF file or request to accept payment from their accountant it would be 100% scam
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Absolute textbook scam, 100%.
isplumm

Post by isplumm »

Hi

Thanks - SCAM was my 1st thoughts - but good to get it confirmed!

Mark