Personalised maps for websites & guests

The place to discuss anything to do with computers, software, hardware, no matter how basic or technical. We all use this stuff, but we don't always understand it!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nearly all have opened it as I can see in the dashboard that the invitation has been accepted. Whether they read or not you can never tell. It's nice to be able to alter it for winter and summer, I have tags that I can turn on and off. MY welcome book in summer is a lot different to the winter version.
I have still printed off and laminated a copy though, and put it in a leather binder.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

FelicityA wrote
I haven't done that for a while Zebedee as I have been giving others a chance However, saving for my next subscription now!
Good for you! I would never have come across PMP without this forum and I am so grateful for reading about it, it gave me the confidence to try and create my own website. Can't fault PMP, and can't praise it enough.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I have a PMP website, and use their facility to add pages that do not appear on the menu to make pages for booked guests only. I call this my guest handbook. I also have a printed handbook in the villa, but this enables me to do instant updates (for example when an appliance is changed mid-season).

I am v happy with the way this works, and it stops my competitors being able to see and copy the info.

One thing to mention is that if you have pics on these pages (as I do), it's possible for non-guests to find them occasionally, so I avoid listing codes there, for example.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I have adapted mine from Google maps.

- Map to get here
- Map of immediate surroundings with best route for walking to town in the dark (only one way is lit)

I print lots of the immediate surroundings one, as I find every set of guests wants to know slightly different things, and what's essential orientation for one group is totally unneccessary for another. So I can talk them through it and draw on the map as I go - then they can just keep that one. Works really well.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Thanks all for your replies , i have now delegated the website editing to the OH ,so thanks for the referal codes for PMP

And i am exploring the online guest information site/page/section
However i still have a guest information folder in each apartment but a condensed version just with basic operating instructions ,rules etc

FC i have thought like you in the past about offering guests a notebook and load details on , i stayed in a hotel recently that had a suitepad system but as most things it comes with a cost and as i have 4 apartments to serve
But as IT technical issues are not my favourite topic i do struggle a bit and opt for the easy option which sometimes is not the best solution so i would be interested in what others think with going " paper free" however with my accomodation now "child free" i am hoping i can move things on a bit
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower