Opportunity..... Percentage of business??

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Most of my guests say they did a search engine search for property in the local area. We are. 4 star and accept well behaved dogs, so if anyone is including any of those key words in their search we come up.

I don't list on any of the major sites, but do list on some walking sites and now one dog site after reading comments on this. Forum.
There are 2 local sites which I pay to be on as well. All in all if anyone wants to check that w.e do exist they will see us listed several times.
When I ask people on booking where they found us the answers are either a direct find on Google etc or a more vague "on the internet" so I need to check analytics for more info.

I created a Promote My Place website again as a result if this forum. Our previous website had benn commissioned from someon but quickly became out of date and impossible to change because the template was limited and all in HTML.
Happy to send you my PMP referral code.

If you need anymore info please pm me as I have a sick OH and a new puppy so not had much chance to read this site recently!! The typos in this entry are because the puppy is asleep across one arm :D
Martha

Post by Martha »

Mine used to be almost 80% - after a Google update a few years back, things became much harder, it slipped massively and I'd say it's now more like 30%. Still worth having of course! Especially since it tends to be the bigger weeks that book directly. The really huge use of it is in all the extra info that can go on there which all guests find very useful and saves me a colossal amount of time in answering questions.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

Direct bookings / repeats via my website or contact made by phone

April 2015-2016: 41%
April 2016-2017: 61%
From April 2017: 87%!!

I am very pleased with this.... so would definitely recommend having a website. I currently have a Promote My Place site but am working on a new Wordpress site

Sometimes people find me on a listing site initially then contact me directly ... they are included in the figures.