VOTE PLEASE Best "ending" for a website name? Your

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
petemcveigh

Post by petemcveigh »

Don't forget there is a .villas TLD which might be worth considering.
" Do I really look like a guy with a plan?"
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

paolo wrote:If you are thinking of using .info then you have given up on the idea that someone may remember your address anyway, because people only remember .com. So you may as well choose either villa-sicily.com or sicily-villa.com, and nobody will remember to include the hyphen.
I don't get this. Why should your TLD affect what people remember? Surely it is more a case of a memorable title for your website. And for a Google search people will be entering words which one hopes leads them to your website irrespective of the TLD.
We created two websites, one in English and one in French. Our title in English had already been taken with .com and .co.uk so we went for .fr. Well over half our enquiries come through our website so I don't understand why it matters not using .com.
Then for our French website, .fr had already been used so we used .eu and again people are finding us through a Google search just using the website title.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

oasiscouple wrote:I don't get this. Why should your TLD affect what people remember?.... And for a Google search people will be entering words which one hopes leads them to your website irrespective of the TLD.
You would be surprised how many different ways people use t'internet and how odd some behaviour can be.

For example, you may tell someone your website name is xyyz dot org and they will go to GOOGLE and type in xyyz dot com as a "search" phrase.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !