TheHolidayLet goes iCal !

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ben McNevis

TheHolidayLet goes iCal !

Post by Ben McNevis »

I've just heard from Liz at THL that there is now an iCal import facility and export url on the site now.

They will announce it shortly after more testing. It seems to be working just fine though.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

Good news!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

It’s on my to do list to test later today.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Tested, seems to be working fine.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Works fine.
Imported three calendars from PIMS, all displayed.
Even removed one and re-imported (‘cos I picked the wrong file to start with....)

Thumbs up.
COYS

Post by COYS »

The embed code or the html link?
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Where do I get the iCal code from? I use HomeAway as my default calendar (sorry :oops: ) which feeds onto my own website.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

When on your HA calendar page, click the little calendar icon, then select export. Then copy and paste the url.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Ooh brilliant, thanks Helen! :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I've just implemented the ical calendar on my one live property. I'd never got round to adding my other properties as my first advert only appears to have sent one click through to my website in the last year, but now they are charging for any new properties that are listed. Only £30 but I'm afraid I can spend that elsewhere with guaranteed traffic. I tried updating the calendar manually when I imported it and it didn't work, but having left it overnight, it's all up and running successfully for my original advert.

Living in hope that it may amount to something but there are quite a few new sites now that are trying to fill the gap that OD has left.
nealh

Post by nealh »

Nemo wrote:Living in hope that it may amount to something but there are quite a few new sites now that are trying to fill the gap that OD has left.
And therein lies the problem... perhaps theholidaylet has lost any benefit from being one of the first off the blocks and is now mired in amongst all the other new start ups.

The problem for me is deciding which ones to list on, and therefore devote some time to, in the hope that the ones I do adopt will turn out to be the next OD.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

nealh wrote:
Nemo wrote:Living in hope that it may amount to something but there are quite a few new sites now that are trying to fill the gap that OD has left.
And therein lies the problem... perhaps theholidaylet has lost any benefit from being one of the first off the blocks and is now mired in amongst all the other new start ups.

The problem for me is deciding which ones to list on, and therefore devote some time to, in the hope that the ones I do adopt will turn out to be the next OD.
Sadly I have never stumbled across the site on a google search but I guess that's too much to hope for with many of the newer sites. I think you'd need a crystal ball to have any inkling as to which of the sites might rise to the top unless they really focus on a specific niche rather than trying for global domination.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I can't get my iCal to import from PIMS.

When I click 'Run Import Now' I'm getting 'Import failed!'. Strange as others have succeeded before me.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

NeatandPicky wrote:I can't get my iCal to import from PIMS.

When I click 'Run Import Now' I'm getting 'Import failed!'. Strange as others have succeeded before me.
That's exactly what happened to me. The manual import function doesn't appear to work, but if you leave it to update automatically then it should work. PIMS for example, updates about every hour I think.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Maybe as they haven't announced this to owners yet, there is a chance it is still in testing, and still has errors?